Reload this Page >

Taking a nap at DFW [and sleeping]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking a nap at DFW [and sleeping]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by dayone
Two unconventional options:
  1. Yoga Studio.
  2. One of the airside airport chapels.
I like the Yoga Studio as an "unconventional option." I've never seen a soul using it.

I think, though I can't be certain, that I've seen signs at the chapels saying 'no sleeping.'

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Dynastar
Nice, I saw a few news items about that place but they were all rather old so I assumed it fell through. Maybe it will be there before my trip.
Following DFW Airport tradition, assuming the prospective operator has "gifted" equity in the deal to the appropriate grifter (with strong local political connections), all should be in order.

Last edited by HKG_Flyer1; Feb 1, 2013 at 9:41 am
Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by Dynastar
Nice, I saw a few news items about that place but they were all rather old so I assumed it fell through. Maybe it will be there before my trip.

I'm a terrible napper, if I fall asleep on the flight I tend to stay asleep. Then I arrive in Japan and my sleep pattern is all screwed up. If I manage to stay awake for the entire "long day" then I almost never have any jetlag. I've never tried to start my trip with a red-eye though, so my normal plan might not work out this time, we'll see.

Indeed, arrival is 5:20am.
That's how I am, too. Plus I have insomnia which makes it hard maintaining a normal sleep pattern.

With that said, 13 hours is too long to stay awake without being able to move around. I could stay home and veg out all day, but I know I have a choice if I want to leave. On a plane, you're stuck.

Hope you have a premium seat.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 3:10 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this thread is more about an airport and not about AA, we'll move this over to the more appropriate destination forum now that we've gotten some input from our experts in the AA forum. Thanks! /Moderator
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's always worth checking www.sleepinginairports.net.

Foe those with lengthy overnight layovers, this page is where to start. (Most recent review, with sleep areas in Terminal B.)

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 10, 2013 at 7:12 am Reason: add second sentence
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
Three answers...there is a "day nap" place opening in the next few weeks in the D terminal. No idea on cost but it will be thee soon.
The latest: http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...ng_nap_roo.php

Should open next month; $30 for the first hour and $120 overnight.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by badjuju
That's how I am, too. Plus I have insomnia which makes it hard maintaining a normal sleep pattern.

With that said, 13 hours is too long to stay awake without being able to move around. I could stay home and veg out all day, but I know I have a choice if I want to leave. On a plane, you're stuck.

Hope you have a premium seat.

Flying J, so not too bad. The day-nap place seems a little rich at $30/hour, so maybe I'll try vegging out in a lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.