Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking in downtown Austin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Parking in downtown Austin

I'm going to be staying at the Hilton in downtown Austin this week and was wondering my parking options. The Hilton offers self-parking for $20, but didn't know if the street parking was an option or some sort of nearby lot. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by chuckd83
I'm going to be staying at the Hilton in downtown Austin this week and was wondering my parking options. The Hilton offers self-parking for $20, but didn't know if the street parking was an option or some sort of nearby lot. Any help would be appreciated.
With the University in session (a home game Saturday), a busy and crowded downtown, the state government occupying much of the parking on the North edge of the DT area, an aggressive towing policy, street and surface parking at best limited, at worst, "that last space filled on August 15 by new student or new resident relocating from____", the Hilton's $20 self park sounds good to me.

Lots would not be much less, and I suspect that the Hilton offers "in & out" privileges (maybe?).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by chuckd83
There's a parking garage next to the hotel, east of the hotel. I don't think they have in and out but it's cheaper than Hilton and right beside it.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Best Western
Downtown Austin Parking

The parking garage for the convention center costs less than the Hilton garage

Last edited by Tom B; Sep 27, 2012 at 8:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.