Search

Unreadable pages

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2009, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Unreadable pages

For some reason, there are certain threads which for the past 30 minutes have been unreadable. In some cases, they just appear as a long list of code, at other times I am giving this notice by my browser:
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 9:04 am

Which ones? Are they still a mess?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Here is one example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...9-muaz002.html

Perhaps the problem is at my end, so please try to see if you can read it.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 9:21 am

May be at your end. Try a reboot. I got first message as follows (red did not pick up in my copy but was there):

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I searched both the DL forum and the Budget forum and could not find any matches for MUAZ002. Sorry if I missed this. Got an email today from Budget. Oddly, the promotional period is March 31, 2009 through December 31, 2009. ???? The email also had a link marked "Register" but it looks like there is no registration for this promotion. I think the link should have read "Rent Not" because you end up here.

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...medallion.html

The T&C do not say you must use the BCD code but it also does not say that the offer is good with any BCD code. I would guess any BCD code will work. I suspect that the banter in this thread will be about BCD codes and "participating airport locations where Delta flies". Post your successes and I will edit mile marker #1 with a list.

Red bolding is mine.

Budget Rewards SkyMiles® Medallion Members with
3,000 bonus miles and savings of up to 20%!

As a Delta® SkyMiles Medallion member, take advantage of a great offer from Budget that is reusable throughout the year.

* Earn 3,000 bonus miles on qualifying rentals of one or more days at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.
* Offer valid on all car groups, excluding Specialty (group X) until December 31, 2009.
* Mention coupon number MUAZ002 and your Delta SkyMiles number at the time of reservation or at the counter to receive bonus miles.
* Mention BCD number U093300 to receive discount of up to 20% off your rental.

Offer subject to complete Terms & Conditions below.

terms and conditions
3,000 bonus miles offer is valid from March 15, 2009 through December 31, 2009 on qualifying weekly rentals of one or more consecutive days at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada where Delta Air Lines flies. Must use Coupon number MUAZ002. You must provide SkyMiles number at time of rental or check-in to receive bonus miles. A 24-hour advance reservation is required. Offer valid on all car groups, excluding Specialty (group X). The savings of up to 20% applies to Budget leisure weekly and weekend rates and is applicable only to the time-and-mileage charges of the rental. Offer does not apply to car group X. Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less, except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and refueling are extra. Renter must meet Budget age, driver, and credit requirements. Vehicle must be returned to renting location, except where otherwise permitted. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.75 USD per day, may apply. Mileage accrual structure subject to change. Rental must begin by December 31, 2009.

Allow 4 to 6 weeks after qualification for bonus miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. All SkyMiles rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

Confirmed Locations
PHL (post)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Evan!; Sep 9, 09 at 11:40 pm.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:26 am
Original Poster

It is very strange. There are some threads, like the one I cited above, which come up as code. There are others which do not load at all. There are still more, like this one, which are fine.

This is true if I use IE or Firefox on my PC.

When I go to my laptop, "My FlyerTalk" shows up only as code.

I am not, however, having any problem with other websites.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 8:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
Here is one example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...9-muaz002.html

Perhaps the problem is at my end, so please try to see if you can read it.

I’m having no problem in clearly viewing the thread so the issue might be at your end.

I’m currently viewing FT with Firefox 3.5.3 and on a Mac.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 9:02 am
Original Poster

The problem ended while I was sleeping. Either FT fixed something or my IP did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.