Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

"view in mobile version" feature?

"view in mobile version" feature?

Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Many websites have links at the bottom of standard page. (eg wikipedia) that let you view a page in its mobile version. Can this feature be added to FT pages? I sometimes search on my phone for something using google and then go to FT but can't see that page in mobile display easily because it appears as the standard format.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:55 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

have you tried logging on at mobile.flyertalk.com? That's the mobile interface we have. Let us know if this is what you have in mind and actually it is a good idea to have that link more prevalent on FlyerTalk -- thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Randy: that is what I use. I mean having links at the foot/top of the other pages that allow you to toggle between viewing any particular page in standard or in mobile view, without having to find the page itself on the alternate site by going through all the forum categories and "drilling down" through each menu and then through the topics list. I referred to wikipedia because they have av"view in mobile site" or "view in standard" toggle on each wikipedia page, not just a link to the mobile site from the main menu or homepage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.