Search

How do I merge my posts?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
How do I merge my posts?

I've seen moderators do this ...

I post a reply. Then a few minutes later add a new post with extra info, new thoughts, etc. How do I subsequently merge them into one post?

Assume I've already posted both, so I can't just edit the first post to add the second thoughts ...

Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Only moderators can merge posts.

You can either

a) edit the first post to add the information instead of writing a second post.

or

b) Use the "Report Bad Post" icon of the second post (lower left corner, the little triangle) to send an automatic message to the forum moderator(s) in which you can ask the posts be merged.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Thanks.

In the case of (a), I'm thinking of when I have alreayd posted twice and have a "doh" moment - "why didn't I just edit the original post?"
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by manord
Thanks.

In the case of (a), I'm thinking of when I have alreayd posted twice and have a "doh" moment - "why didn't I just edit the original post?"
In that case, do both of the above:

(a) Edit your first post with the information from the second.

(b) Edit your second post to read "Sorry, mispost" or similar.

(c) Use the RBP icon or e-mail a moderator to delete the second post.

Parts (b) and (c) together will take less time than it took me to write this, unless you go for coffee in between. Part (a) depends on how extensive the edits are, but you may be able to copy and paste part of the second post into the first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.