Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did the text go?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2009, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm getting it on many forums intermittently. Currently using Firefox.
Old May 9, 2009, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Acting up again.
Gosh! Not again!
Old May 9, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I had the problem again this afternoon on the airline forums & just gave up.
Old May 9, 2009, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
I had the problem again this afternoon on the airline forums & just gave up.
Have the problem again. Looks like several pages I usually visit all gone at the same time now.
Old May 9, 2009, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wendySFO
Have the problem again. Looks like several pages I usually visit all gone at the same time now.
Again??? Is that something wrong the text is disappears again. Please fixed it the text back on for me, please? I know it was really big problems onto FTs for every night. So it was not too serious happening by FTs forums for almost everyday. So I think it might to getting more bug problems.
Old May 9, 2009, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
The text seems to turn to white at midnight Eastern time every night. I've tried multiple browsers - same issue.

update: When I submitted this reply, the text returned to blue.

Last edited by rittenhousesq; May 9, 2009 at 10:42 pm Reason: update
Old May 9, 2009, 10:49 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
This is happening for me tonight. I'm running Vista x64. I'm seeing the issue in IE 8, Firefox 3.0.10, and Safari 3.2.2 (for Windows, yes).

What I noticed this time is that the links are all white on the MyFlyertalk page and listings of forums/threads. But if I navigate to a particular thread then I see all the text properly.
Old May 9, 2009, 10:50 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
Strike that, now the thread page is broken too. If it's intermittent then the issue is broken more than it's not when I come to the site.
Old May 9, 2009, 11:32 pm

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Doing it intermittently and I'm currently running the Opera browser. Did it last night in IE.

Does anyone else find it odd that it's now doing this pretty much at night now??
Old May 9, 2009, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Not surprised... again.
Old May 9, 2009, 11:40 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Yeah, everything goes white.. Best thing I can do is just highlight everything and browse like so..
Old May 9, 2009, 11:42 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
It's happening to me!

Glad I'm not the only one... I though it was just my crappy WiFi acting up.
Old May 10, 2009, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Not surprised... again.
Yeah and now its being fixed tonight.
Old May 10, 2009, 12:32 am
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Lightbulb Highlight the "Invisible" Text to See It!

Highlight the "Invisible" Text to See It!

It's still happening to me, but using "Ctrl-A" (or right clicking on the page and "select all") works great to show all the missing blue (link) text, and all the links work, you just need to know where they are.

This is just a reminder for those who haven't read that far back, but highlighting the invisible text was mentioned early in this thread.

EDIT: It was also posted just a few posts ago, but after I loaded this forum page.

Last edited by ed1; May 10, 2009 at 12:37 am
Old May 10, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
This has happened to me several times in the last several days, and today I thought I'd check to see if it had shown up on this board. Of course.

Everything "blue" - e.g., all the links, from the "...">"...">"...">"..." heading under the banner; to my handle, the time of last visit and "Your notifications" in the green box; to the posters' handles; to the links in the posts. Also, stuff at the foot, I think.

Today it happened after I got the banner to temporarily/always allow popups, chose temporary, and the window came back. Of course, just like when you call the repair man, it's not happening in this window. Actually, that's been the case everytime: It happens and doesn't happen in two FlyerTalk windows open at the same time. (I've intended to report it before, but when I open a new window to do it, it's fine, so I figure, "Meh" and move on. This time I've looked far enough to see that I'm in good company.)

And, as ed1 sort of says, the invisible links work!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.