Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with FT Mobile Site

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA-1P, HHonors - Silver
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
I tried to replicate this on a blackberry curve without success. I'll admit that I'm having difficulty because I'm not proficient with navigating websites from a phone (I use an iPhone). Can someone give me steps to replicate the error? I managed to navigate to a thread in OMNI without problems (other than me not knowing what I was doing).
Have you tried using the WiForums interface or are you going to the standard website?

One interesting thing I have found is when I go to look for "latest headlines" I received an error along the lines of "cannot find rss file". Sorry I can't be more specific, but my bberry battery is dead so I can't bring it up until I can get to the charger...

-Kevin
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
I tried to replicate this on a blackberry curve without success. I'll admit that I'm having difficulty because I'm not proficient with navigating websites from a phone (I use an iPhone).
Are you viewing the wireless version (powered by wiforums) or the standard version?

mobile.flyertalk.com
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Are you viewing the wireless version (powered by wiforums) or the standard version?

mobile.flyertalk.com
+1, great minds think alike!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Lifetime Gold, starting AK, Marriott Bonvoy
Same problems on a Motorola Q (Verizon), they seem to have started Friday or Saturday. Glad to know it's not my phone... Hope mobile.flyertalk comes back soon, I miss it!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:44 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Gargoyle

mobile.flyertalk.com
I navigate to www.flyertalk.com/wap out of habit.

IB-Dick: PM me a phone number to walk you through the steps if you still can't replicate the issue.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by K_M_McMahon
Sorry, I didn't do a screen refresh before posting, you thought of it first.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by K_M_McMahon
Apparently, I'm not one of those.... I was just at flyertalk.com. I'll try again on that subdomain.

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:17 am

You don't have to just use a mobile phone to access the mobile site through the WiForums interface - it can be done through any normal internet browser, at least it can using Safari/Firefox on a Mac.

Try visiting: http://mobile.flyertalk.com/BrowseForum.php

You will see no forums.

And: http://mobile.flyertalk.com/HotTopics.php

Where you will see that the threads are a few days old and get the error message: "The requested page does not yet exist".

I know WiForums released a new version (v3.9.4) on Sunday - maybe that has a fix?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Motors
You don't have to just use a mobile phone to access the mobile site through the WiForums interface - it can be done through any normal internet browser, at least it can using Safari/Firefox on a Mac.

Try visiting: http://mobile.flyertalk.com/BrowseForum.php

You will see no forums.

And: http://mobile.flyertalk.com/HotTopics.php

Where you will see that the threads are a few days old and get the error message: "The requested page does not yet exist".

I know WiForums released a new version (v3.9.4) on Sunday - maybe that has a fix?
The upgrade is something that we might have to do, although we're not 100% sure if it's release is coincidental with the site breaking. Our assumption is that it isn't.

Thanks for those links....
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:34 pm

Hey, thanks again for those links guys, we were able to track down the problem and have fixed it.

Sorry for the delay!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: Mucci Master of the Skies, Does anyone read any further than Mucci anyway? BAEC Blue
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/142)

Thanks IB. Nice to see it back on again.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 2:02 pm

Hey, thanks again for those links guys, we were able to track down the problem and have fixed it.

Sorry for the delay!
^^^^^ THANKS!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 2:33 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Thanks from me too. Glad to see it working now!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:11 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
doesn't seem to be working for me using either of the links mentioned above...

http://www.flyertalk.com/wap or mobile.flyertalk.com

i am still presented with a screen showing me as logged in but cannot access anything
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:16 pm

Programs: Mucci Master of the Skies, Does anyone read any further than Mucci anyway? BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by goalie
doesn't seem to be working for me using either of the links mentioned above...

http://www.flyertalk.com/wap or mobile.flyertalk.com

i am still presented with a screen showing me as logged in but cannot access anything
Have you tried clearing the cache on the handset or doing a soft reset (remove the battery while handset switched on and then put back in) and then try again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.