Problems with FT Mobile Site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with FT Mobile Site

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2009, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by mbstone
How precognitive of me to be able to request pages that don't yet exist.
You and me both. Now if we could just use that skill to view airfares before they are published....

Meantime, the mobile site is still dead, Blackjack II running Windows Mobile 6.1
So, IMHO, if it's dead on mine, on BB's and on Treos, the problem is on the server end, not our end.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 7:49 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
mobile site has been devoid of content since this morning.

When I go to "my forums" It shows me logged in but says "You have no subscribed forums"

"browse the forum" goes to an empty categories list.

"latest forum topics" shows some thread titles, with the most recent being one from 6:30 p.m. cst yesterday (I checked the date on the regular flyertalk). But anytime I do find a path like that to try to to go into a thread I get this message:
"The requested page does not yet exist"

Blackjack II, ATT service.
+1. Exactly.

Treo running Windows Mobile. Verizon service.

This is killing me. I'm like an addict in withdrawal.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by jbatl
+1. Exactly.

Treo running Windows Mobile. Verizon service.

This is killing me. I'm like an addict in withdrawal.
I am using opera mini to access the full site. Painful, but at least I get my fix.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by GoingAway
I am using opera mini to access the full site. Painful, but at least I get my fix.
same exact thing for me-using operamini as i have all the aforementioned problems using the "mobile" site
Old Mar 15, 2009, 5:38 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Unhappy

skyfire on winmo 6.1 ks usable and faster than opera mobile or opera mini.. i still miss wap aka crack.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Mobile site is still no good. Does anyone from HOM or IB monitor this forum?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: UA-1P, HHonors - Silver
Originally Posted by mbstone
How precognitive of me to be able to request pages that don't yet exist.
That one made me laugh too....

But sadly, the problem persists on VZW 8830 in DC area as well...

Very sad, I miss my FT...
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:51 am

Programs: Mucci Master of the Skies, Does anyone read any further than Mucci anyway? BAEC Blue
Doesn't look like its specific to one area, as it's affecting both sides of the pond. Also it's not just mobile devices, have tried to access the mobile version on Phone, PC and MAC with the same results. If they are having problems finding the error then all they need to do is point any browser to the mobile site and then they can see the errors.

Quite possibly just a DB problem but it is an inconvenience. I feel quite lost without FT when I'm out and about.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by speedbird182
Doesn't look like its specific to one area, as it's affecting both sides of the pond. Also it's not just mobile devices, have tried to access the mobile version on Phone, PC and MAC with the same results. If they are having problems finding the error then all they need to do is point any browser to the mobile site and then they can see the errors.

Quite possibly just a DB problem but it is an inconvenience. I feel quite lost without FT when I'm out and about.
We are working on the problem, but we have not completely pinned down what is causing the issue.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
We are working on the problem, but we have not completely pinned down what is causing the issue.
Any updates?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 5:45 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Arrow

we eagerly awaitt the results of the ib ivestigation.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 5:57 pm

Programs: Mucci Master of the Skies, Does anyone read any further than Mucci anyway? BAEC Blue
No problem. At least it's good to know that you guys are working on a solution.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 6:11 pm

Any updates?
Not yet, we are in a holding pattern for a couple of reasons. It's a top concern though.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:44 pm

Not yet, we are in a holding pattern for a couple of reasons. It's a top concern though.
I tried to replicate this on a blackberry curve without success. I'll admit that I'm having difficulty because I'm not proficient with navigating websites from a phone (I use an iPhone). Can someone give me steps to replicate the error? I managed to navigate to a thread in OMNI without problems (other than me not knowing what I was doing).
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:35 pm

Problems with the mobile site persist ... the view my threads is not updated and there is no way to access threads displayed either there or view recent activity.
same on my tmo curve for the past few days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.