Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Release of FT?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:15 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Obviously, we're still working on getting the bugs worked out related to the upgrade. As some of you noticed, the main navigation menu was one of the casualties, which has now been fixed. Thread start dates are another of the items that were not intentionally discarded. The IB tech guys are currently looking into getting it reinstalled, so no need to worry that it's gone forever.

We're still planning on posting an announcement outlining the new features sometime today, but have held off a bit until the bugs are mostly worked out. Probably wouldn't do much good to point to new features that aren't working optimally yet, and our guess is that the announcement of new features prior to the correction of the bugs might not be received all that well

Please bear with us and we'll do our best to get everything back to normal, and then some.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
May We Have a List of New FT "Improvement"?

Other than missing thread start date, I eyeballed a new bookmark column at the bottom.

I know IT folks are busy debugging at this very moment. Thanks for your effort.

However, is it possible for FTers to have a list of what have been changed? Even just some highlights will be fine. So us, the "involuntary debug team", know what to "test" and how to compare (b/w old & new)? Please?

ETA: Just saw Mikel's post. He and I were typing at the same time.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
The previous version would only show you a PM on top of "my flyertalk" once or twice, and then it would just be noted in the unread counter in the top right. This version is keeping the PM front and center - will it ever not be displayed? I have a PM with a code so I'm leaving it 'unread' so as not to lose sight of the message in the pile of inbox messages, but I really don't want to see a reminder/the message every time I log in.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Do you know this mean from someone profiles has been changed. I think this is much better than before. I think I am really likes it lot. I am already added from profiles for my new friends. Is that brand new profile and it's looks different than before. I can became my new friends to add it up onto those lists. I will keep it up where I will adds more new friends into my profiles.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
The previous version would only show you a PM on top of "my flyertalk" once or twice, and then it would just be noted in the unread counter in the top right. This version is keeping the PM front and center - will it ever not be displayed? I have a PM with a code so I'm leaving it 'unread' so as not to lose sight of the message in the pile of inbox messages, but I really don't want to see a reminder/the message every time I log in.
I'm not sure I understand the question, however, you might be interested in the new "Search PMs" functionality that will allow you to search your PMs by keywords and authors. When in your MyFlyerTalk section, you'll see a "Search" menu item in the left hand navigation.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer
I'm not sure I understand the question, however, you might be interested in the new "Search PMs" functionality that will allow you to search your PMs by keywords and authors. When in your MyFlyerTalk section, you'll see a "Search" menu item in the left hand navigation.
Then I have to remember that part ... seriously, the PM message shows when it first arrives at the top of the My Flyertalk. That is how it used to work. In the past, the system figured it's shown it to you now its not "new", so it won't display it up there again the counter though still showed X unread but the block above the threads didn't display anymore. Now that block is always there.

Hope that makes more sense.

BTW - thank to HOM and IB for your time last night and whatever new functionality is now available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.