Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Release of FT?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
September 4, 2008: Guess Not!

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer
The relaunch is actually scheduled for Sep. 4, but even that is a tentative date.
Today is 9/4/08. I assume it's not going to happen today, right?

Can we some updates on this development (another tentative date, availability of FT during relaunch transit...etc)?

TIA.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:38 pm

We just posted an announcement ... we'll be down pretty much all night tonight. The chat will be available for those who cannot find anything worth watching on TV
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
We just posted an announcement ... we'll be down pretty much all night tonight. The chat will be available for those who cannot find anything worth watching on TV
Couldn't wait until after the conventions? The tv is pretty slim pickings for another night or so!! ... Thanks for the update. Look forward to seeing the new FT tomorrow.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:34 am

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody
First thing I noticed on the new FT is that the thread list in a forum no longer shows when a thread started That's a big minus as you can't tell what is new.

Can we get it back please!
Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:41 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BrisbanePE
First thing I noticed on the new FT is that the thread list in a forum no longer shows when a thread started That's a big minus as you can't tell what is new.

Seconded - I know one of the goals of the upgrade was to "de-clutter" FT, but the thread start date was important in helping one scan what was new that day as opposed to an old thread brought back to life. I already miss it a lot...
Old Sep 5, 2008, 5:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The ongoing shambles continues.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 5:41 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent

I agree.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 5:56 am

Programs: DL, AA
The top line of links has disappeared. (Where you used to find, "Forums", "Members", etc. with dropdown links to the FT Store & the blogs.) Will those be coming back?

The "Public Profile" pages have also changed. It seems to track visitors to your page & allows visitors to post messages. Any other new "features"?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by scoow
The top line of links has disappeared. (Where you used to find, "Forums", "Members", etc. with dropdown links to the FT Store & the blogs.) Will those be coming back?

The "Public Profile" pages have also changed. It seems to track visitors to your page & allows visitors to post messages. Any other new "features"?
the bar is there, it just doesn't have the links embedded anymore (it also had a "home" option)

What's with the bookmark links below the posts? if the desire was to de-clutter, I figure you'd remove not add things.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by scoow

New friends features... we did have a friends list, but it was kind of limited.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 9:07 am

I take it mobile.flyertalk is still down? Or is it just me?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 9:16 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Where do you post announcements? Is there an announcement of the new features?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 9:34 am

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
YES please

Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG

Another emphatic vote of support for this. One of my biggest frustrations is clicking on a year-old thread that someone decided to resurrect for no clear reason.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:06 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Where do you post announcements? Is there an announcement of the new features?
The announcement was on top of every forum, where the usual place for all announcement. However, it was up less than 3 hours before the actual upgrade/relaunch happened at 8:00 pm CDT yesterday. It only specified how long the site would be down and didn't tell you anything about what features had been upgraded or improved.

Now all morning long, eager FTers have been hunting down what useful features have been imprremoved.

In the name of improvement, why would we remove useful field/s or features, such as the thread start date? Please put it back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.