Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

is it just me or has FT's reliability significantly gone down?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is it just me or has FT's reliability significantly gone down?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I know there are 2 ads - the Visa and Hilton, plus a survey pop up that moves around the screen that lock up my browser.
The Survey Central pop-up has been doing that to my browser, too. Instead of floating across the screen, it sits there and porduces an error message and the only thing you can do is click "OK"- which gives you a Page Not Found error.

Most of the time, rather than open a new browser, I give up and go to another site.

Are you reading this, advertisers?
Old Jun 24, 2007, 1:03 pm

The survey ad is the one causing me problems also. When it is not trying to load I'm satisfied. But when it appears I have to reload several times.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Even with FT being my home page and in my cache, it's consistently taking at least a minute to load.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Qantas Bronze, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Blue Velocity, Accor Advantage Plus,
Originally Posted by linsj
Even with FT being my home page and in my cache, it's consistently taking at least a minute to load.

It hasn't been loading at all for me this morning
Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:59 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
I get database errors quite frequently. It's been getting worse, not better.

Kind of funny because right when I was going to post in this topic, I clicked on it and the clock magically hit 10 EST and FlyerTalk was offline for database maintenance.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 2:09 am

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
Originally Posted by xanthuos
I get database errors quite frequently. It's been getting worse, not better.

Kind of funny because right when I was going to post in this topic, I clicked on it and the clock magically hit 10 EST and FlyerTalk was offline for database maintenance.
The performance now *seems* much better after the maintenance break. Hopefully this lasts.

Cheers,
T.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 9:06 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Thalassa
The performance now *seems* much better after the maintenance break. Hopefully this lasts.

Cheers,
T.
Performance still seems sluggish to me. I have started to do my browsing by RSS feed...that way everything is already cached on my computer and the load times are a bit faster.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:31 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I love FlyerTalk but it's so slow I just don't have the time anymore & I have no problems with the other sites I visit. I'm not a computer guy but some one from FT HELP please.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM; Priority Club-Platinum
down down down. no reliability, no point. habits on the internet go away in about 2 nanoseconds.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Hi Mikel / Webflyer team - was the recent downtime to fix a database fault a scheduled shutdown?

I'm just wondering where to check on stickies or other notices for minor shutdowns, as opposed to the big one (24-6hrs ago).

Thank you!
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by BiziBB
Hi Mikel / Webflyer team - was the recent downtime to fix a database fault a scheduled shutdown?

I'm just wondering where to check on stickies or other notices for minor shutdowns, as opposed to the big one (24-6hrs ago).

Thank you!
To which recent downtime are you referring?

As many have observed, this week has been on the difficult side for the site. On the 25th we did have scheduled downtime ... Joshua posted an announcement about 5 1/2 hours prior to taking the site down (as a rule, we use the announcement feature to post notices of scheduled downtime). Typically, we like to give more notice than that, but in this case we were unable to.

Last night we took the site down for about 5-10 minutes for database repairs -- there was no notice given for this downtime.

Monday evening we optimized and repaired the tables. This one admittedly caught us off guard, as it took about an hour and a half longer than expected and though it didn't shut down the site, it did cause a significant slowdown. No notice was given in this instance because we incorrectly assumed site access wouldn't be affected during the process. Definitely our bad on that one.

So, all in all, an unusual week to be sure, and we apologize to everyone for the inconveniences of the slowdowns and downtimes. FWIW, the Internet Brands team is in the process of bringing their considerable expertise and resources to the tech side of the site, so the various tech issues we have been facing that are a result of continued growth will very likely become fewer and fewer.

And in the meantime, we'll try to do a better job of keeping the site up and running fast ... and of informing everyone if downtime is necessary.

As an aside, I just want to let all of you know that we do sincerely appreciate the feedback everyone provides in this forum. We may not always reply as quickly as we should (I should say 'I' may not always reply as quickly as 'I' should ... Tim and Joshua are usually quick to the keyboard), but the information you provide is extremely helpful to us ... please keep it coming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.