Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

is it just me or has FT's reliability significantly gone down?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is it just me or has FT's reliability significantly gone down?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by GoingAway
The ads have nothing to do with the database and I don't get any ads and have the same problems as everyone else. Sorry but I think you need to try again.
I still say the ads have something to do with it. I see them trying to load all the time. I've been watching, and that Visa ad locks up the browers. None of the others do.

This is on 2 different computers at work, and my cache is cleared several times a day.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I still say the ads have something to do with it. I see them trying to load all the time. I've been watching, and that Visa ad locks up the browers. None of the others do.

This is on 2 different computers at work, and my cache is cleared several times a day.
Didn't want to part with that whopping $12, huh?

I didn't say that the ads don't slow the service at all - obviously you are loading off a separate database and running additional programs, of course there is an impact. The issues here are BEYOND the fact of having ads run or not, the frequency of database errors and slow downs WITHIN the FT architecture, etc have increased and that is what is referenced here.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I have my reasons for not parting with the $12 . I can assure you, it's not for the money. I p!ss more away on things far less useful
Old Jun 22, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: Peon in all
Even with my parting with the $12 (and skipping a burger at Wendy's, BK or McD's once a month), it loads V E R Y slow when I first sign on. So you can not fully blame the ads for "loading slow"!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:07 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
For me it's hanging indefinitely for the main FT welcome page; however when I go straight to the forums it loads right away. I just bookmarked the main forum listing and badda-bing.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:00 pm
Community Director Emerita

There have been a couple days this week with outages or slow loads, but in general, I am not seeing the same problems as others.
FT has been blazing fast for me many of the times that I am seeing members post their concerns.

Here's my setup:
  • I've bookmarked "My FlyerTalk" and go directly to it.
  • I have premium service, so no ads.
  • I'm using Firefox.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I find it a lot better on safari than I do on IE. At the moment, it is horrible on IE
Old Jun 22, 2007, 2:53 pm

Programs: Peon in all
Originally Posted by Jenbel
I find it a lot better on safari than I do on IE. At the moment, it is horrible on IE
I'm using safari, and it is S L O W - especially getting the main page, but also switching forums or even refreshing!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Using firefox and it is slow at times.not always. I often if not always have a problem with the "quick reply". I write and try to post, but it starts loading the pages, and it keeps loading without actually doing nothing and on the bar I read Stopped! So I just click back and refresh and the post appears.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:41 pm

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
I am not 100 % sure, but pretty confident that at least part of the issue is database related and therefore has nothing to do with what browser is being used.

Cheers,
Thalassa
Old Jun 23, 2007, 7:58 am

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
I only have a speed issue trying to load Flyertalk.com (or refreshing that page.) When browsing through the subforums (subfora?) I dont notice any major speed changes from where it usually has been for my connection.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: DL-Plat
I haven't been able to load the site for a few days. Following the suggestion in this thread, I paid the $12 -- problem solved. Just as well. The Visa ad drives me insane.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:40 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Another data point for whomever might be working on this. I tried a suggestion posted in this thread and found that the problem is definitely in the initial loading of the homepage. I was experiencing 30 - 90 seconds of delay in trying to open up the web site. Then I bookmarked directly to the Forums page, bypassing the homepage, and eliminated the delay.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
yes, my IE problem is caused because on that PC, my bookmark is to the home page... on my mac, my bookmark is to a forum, so it's not a broswer problem after all
Old Jun 24, 2007, 8:50 am

No question about it. Reliability is going downhill. Many times a blank page loads and I must refresh multiple times to get the forum to appear. Really needs some attention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.