Reload this Page >

Is the search function working?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the search function working?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by LRD
Tim, I gotta agree with derpelikan (and others)... using the native (non-Google) search for three-character airport codes is fundamental to FT usage...

Will we ever be able to bring back this capability?
Let me echo the others who can't understand why 3-letter word searching has been disabled. It used to be provided by FT; clearly, it's a capability of the software. Given that our world revolves around 3-letter airport codes, having this functionality turned off just seems silly.

Re-implementing this functionality should (to me, anyway) seem to be a higher priority than toys like multi-quote replies.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Mar 6, 2007, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by lbbzman
Let me echo the others who can't understand why 3-letter word searching has been disabled. It used to be provided by FT; clearly, it's a capability of the software. Given that our world revolves around 3-letter airport codes, having this functionality turned off just seems silly.

Re-implementing this functionality should (to me, anyway) seem to be a higher priority than toys like multi-quote replies.

Cheers,
LBBZman
What lbbzman... it's starting to get tiresome and annoying.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
"thank" "thank you" "thank you points" "thank+you"

I've tried all of the above searches in the OCC forum as well as all fora, and all the searches come back blank. I am pulling results for other search terms, but these are coming up blank. What am I doing wrong?
Old Mar 31, 2007, 4:05 pm

What is the story on three letter searching -- like for an airport? Is it possible? Is it coming back? Sure would be nice.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 5:43 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mshaikun
What is the story on three letter searching -- like for an airport? Is it possible? Is it coming back? Sure would be nice.
I think this feature is currently being tested.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:28 pm
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by mshaikun
It is currently possible via the Google search, but not the vB search. For some more tips on searching including the Google search see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676224

Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:47 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Pizzaman
I've tried all of the above searches in the OCC forum as well as all fora, and all the searches come back blank. I am pulling results for other search terms, but these are coming up blank. What am I doing wrong?
“Thank” and “points” are apparently words that are too common to be used in a search, while “you” only has three letters.

However, while you may not get the optimum results, sometimes adding a “wildcard”, such as a *, will return some results. Try this and see if it works.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 11:41 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
3 letter search

Originally Posted by Tim at WebFlyer
Unfortunately not from what I can tell with the vB search. There is another way though, the Google site search found at:

http://www.flyertalk.com/google_search.php

should not have a problem finding it. Example:

http://www.google.com/custom?domains...D%3A1%3B&hl=en
hi tim,

any chance you will fix the 3 letter search? i am sure that it is the most used search on FT.

as i am looking for BKK-NRT or other routing options on FT and i knwo the threads are there, there is no way in finding these .

it was working before and i dont get it why it is not possible to re-implement it into the software?

hope it come back soon.

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.