Search

Thread Ratings Back?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:09 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Question Thread Ratings Back?

Anyone else notice that a option to Rate Threads is one again appearing in the menu bar at the top a thread? I've used it to rate a few threads, but the results don't appear anywhere.

Is this the first step to getting Thread Ratings back, or is there a glitch in the system? FWIW I've checked in both IE7 and FireFox and it's showing.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think thread ratings were always there - they just didn't display any longer.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 2:20 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
I'll move this to our Technical Issues forum for any more definitive word. Ocn Vw 1K, Co-Mod., CBuzz.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Are they planning to reactivate the ratings? I used to rate threads now and again until I discovered that it doesn't mean anything!
Old Aug 16, 2006, 9:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Are they planning to reactivate the ratings? I used to rate threads now and again until I discovered that it doesn't mean anything!
I don't believe these have resurfaced.
As Mary2e states, I think the check boxes are still visible but the ratings are disabled.
Long story as to why that's the case and you probably don't want to hear it.

Last edited by Cholula; Aug 16, 2006 at 10:11 pm
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I think the current thread rating system is absolutely perfect. ^ ^
Old Aug 18, 2006, 1:11 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I just voted this thread as most excellent!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
It's been 8 years. The thread rating buttons are still there.

From looking at old threads, it appears the buttons have been added/removed multiple times.

Currently, they are there. Are they doing anything now, or are they still not hooked up?

If they aren't useful, why can't they be removed? Or at least have some clear indication somewhere that they're useless?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
"Rate Thread" has appeared at the top of threads for as long as I can remember. I've never noticed it coming and going, but that might have happened before my time on FT.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
From looking at old threads, it appears the buttons have been added/removed multiple times.
There's no multiple times of adding/removal. I don't recall when the rating feature was deactivated (possibly before my official join date). As far as I can remember, the buttons have always been there, functioning or otherwise.

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
If they aren't useful, why can't they be removed? Or at least have some clear indication somewhere that they're useless?
That's another one-million-dollar question for IB. But I would guess if this ever made it, it would be at the very very bottom of the IB to-do list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.