Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Anyone else using Safari and struggling?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else using Safari and struggling?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2005, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Question Anyone else using Safari and struggling?

I'm now a Mac user (thanks to my girlfriend ) and have got used to surfing Flyertalk on Safari, although the last couple of days I've not been able to load the forums using this browser via my bookmark to the BAEC forum. In fact the loading bar doesn't even progress

I can access very slowly using IE for Mac...which is a shame because I've enjoyed Flyertalk so swiftly for the last couple of weeks

Could this be related to the thread close by on this forum regarding the slow forums in general? Would this cause Safari to grind to a halt?

Thanks
Fraser
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:19 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
Could this be related to the thread close by on this forum regarding the slow forums in general? Would this cause Safari to grind to a halt?
I'm on a PC (running Firefox), but I would bet that your problem is related to the general speed issues FT is currently having. Have you tried the alternate access address (http://web2.flyertalk.com )? That seems to be working OK for me.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:51 pm

Programs: HH Gold
I'm using Safari just fine via the web2 address. However Safari never has liked it when I open more than 3 or 4 FT threads in tabs. It gets sluggish and I see the "beachball" for a few seconds when I load a thread. It's probably just the fact that I need more RAM, but I find it odd that it only happens on FT.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Didn't know about the web2.flyertalk address. Thanks for the headsup ^

Now surfing using Safari again. Things are much better
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:21 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

one of the servers was acting up, and we're trying to fix/replace it. Consider it something on this end rather than on your end - sorry.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:38 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks very much Randy!

Mark
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
one of the servers was acting up, and we're trying to fix/replace it. Consider it something on this end rather than on your end - sorry.
Thanks for the update, Randy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.