Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error in forums

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2005, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Angry Error in forums

I'm really pissed right now because it took me 3 hours to write a trip report about Israel and when I wanted to post it, it said that I havn't login and when I remmeber that I did login and aftar I enter my username and password it said "No forum specified" and I remmeber that I did press on "New Topic" and the "Trip reports" forum, I pressed back a couple of times in hope that all the text that I write is still there but it gone, what's wrong with that?
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:00 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Originally Posted by Michaelas10
I'm really pissed right now because it took me 3 hours to write a trip report about Israel and when I wanted to post it, it said that I havn't login and when I remmeber that I did login and aftar I enter my username and password it said "No forum specified" and I remmeber that I did press on "New Topic" and the "Trip reports" forum, I pressed back a couple of times in hope that all the text that I write is still there but it gone, what's wrong with that?
I'm guessing the cookie expired and it starts over, having no idea what forum you were in.

I spent a while writing my trip report on Chile, but I used a word processor and then did a quick copy-paste into the Trip Reports new topic.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Michaelas10
Bummer, but FT logs you out if you show an extended period of inactivity. Not a tech guy but the cookies thing sounds right. This has happened to me when I have been surfing elsewhere while in FT. The best thing to do for LONG reports is to write them in Word or whatever word processer you use and then save the file and cut and paste as appropriate. You also get the added advantage of spell check and grammer if desired.

btw, welcome to FT. Look forward to your posts.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Oh well.. my post was about how great the city Eilat is and it has many images to prove it.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Same thing happened to me way back when.

I finally figured out a way to beat the system. I posted my report in 2 parts; avoiding the timing issue. @:-)

Israel is an amazing place. I missed Eliat on my trip. Maybe next time.

Welcome to FT Michaelas10 .
Old Aug 29, 2005, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I absolutely agree to write the reports on a word program and copy/paste them to the posting message. I have never written a trip report directly on the posting screen to exactly avoid what happened to the OP.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Michaelas10, I hope you'll post at least a shortened version of your report. I'm thinking about going to Eilat next year.

By the way, your question can be answered better in the technical issues forum.

Last edited by linsj; Aug 29, 2005 at 5:45 pm Reason: more info
Old Aug 29, 2005, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 3mm Plat
I have had this happen even on web based email systems. I learned the hard way, too. The advice you have already received is the best: don't trust on-line forms for long or perishable writing. Do it your word processor and copy.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Control-C is my friend.

I haven't had that happen on here, but have on other online forums. When in doubt, just highlight all the text and ctrl-C it. That way you can just paste it back in.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks for posting, Michaelas10. Your post is useful and belongs more in technical issues, so let's continue the discussion there. Don't give up, we want your travel report!

--richard, moderator
Old Aug 30, 2005, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I haven't had that happen on here, but have on other online forums. When in doubt, just highlight all the text and ctrl-C it. That way you can just paste it back in.
That's what I did but I copied something else in that time.
And no, I'm not going to make a new report but I will say in what places I have been and you should go to all of them and you'll be in Eilat: "IMAX Eilat", "Corals World", "Dolphin Diving", "Kings City", "L'amie" and "The princess" pool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.