Wiki Posts
Search

Coupon Connection

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Coupon Connection

How do I access Coupon Connection? I'm lost.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
How do I access Coupon Connection? I'm lost.
You don't (yet). There is a specific access rule to getting access, Randy has announced that when your time has come you will have access...
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:52 pm

Can we have a hint?

Scott, I've been reading a lot on this site for the past month. I really love it, and I would also love to use Coupon Connection. Can I have a hint or something as to when I will get access to it? I've read all kinds of posts saying you need 100 posts or 30 days enrolment or whatever, but they all seem to be false.

...need a hint here! or some reassurance!
Old Jun 9, 2005, 2:39 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Hint... it is not 30 days NOR 100 posts....

There you go!

William

CC Moderator
Old Jun 9, 2005, 2:47 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

SEAUAKID and gregeckhart:
can o inquire where you heard of Coupon Connection? Just curious. Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2005, 2:48 pm

Can you donate money to the website to have access to this?

Any way you can donate to the website to get access to this? Thanks

Sloanhaus
Old Jun 9, 2005, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Randy:

I've been meaning to ask this, and this seems like a good time. Once in a while in the forums, I'll see a question by one of the newer members about how to obtain an upgrade certificate or something similar, and often the response other members will give is "this needs to be asked in Coupon Connection." While this is true, it also does alert people to the existance of a forum that they do not have access to (and, perhaps, encourage posting binges trying to increase their post count). In the future, would you prefer us to be less forthcoming about the existance of the Coupon Connection Forum in our public discussions?

Thanks for your time (and FlyerTalk in general).
Old Jun 9, 2005, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sloanhaus

Sloanhaus
You can donate posts. Just stay here a while, and donate your posting skills and knowledge and before you know it, you'll have access.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Sloanhaus

Sloanhaus
Good thinking...I already tried that route . Still waiting patiently for access.

I have faith in the forces that be...all us neophytes will have access in due time...

In the meantime, I have learned some great tips and met some really great people hanging around here.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 3:27 pm

CC info

I saw Randy mention that he wondered where us newbies learn about the coupon connection. I remember it from the days when you could access it freely without any requirements...when I only lurked.

Additionally, the links to coupon connection threads pop up on the home page occasionally. It makes newbies ask questions when there are posts they can not access in "mysterious" forums. I do not know if it is possible but it would probably be ideal if that forum did not post to that page. I'm used to it now, but annoyed the first few times someone posted H: (something I want) W: (something I have).

Thanks

bsegreto
Old Jun 9, 2005, 6:57 pm

Newbies learn about CC (see that use of the jargon!) because they read a lot. Right now I'm not that interested in posting, because I don't have that much to contribute! I hope access to CC is not tied to number of posts. I'm not sure I'll ever make it if I do because at this point I'm more keen on just reading posts from FTers with more experience.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 7:09 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
You'd be surprised....

We'll were all newbies once.

Some day you'll find yourself responding to someone newby-er than you with the knowledge that he or she needs.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
randy, you asked where we "newbies" learned about the mysterious coupon connection. the answer is that it appears in many posts as an answer to many issues. It seems that having such a board and keeping it selective is not in the best interest of an "open" board. Why maintain such an elite status for select people on this board.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 2:48 pm

Coupon Connection access

Randy/Scott,
How does one truly gain access to the Coupon Connection forum?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 3:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

I am one of the four Coupon Connection Moderators. We don't know. Only Randy knows. Seriously!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.