Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Why was this post removed from the NW Forum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Why and where was this post moved? It was relevant to NW and NW travel,
it did not engage in flaming and there were no complaints? It also had 14 responses and over 100 views.

Test shows frequent-flier seats not hard to come by.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From USA TODAY:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztr...01-awards_x.htm

Overall, Delta's SkyMiles frequent-flier program was the top performer, rendering free seats on the desired route and day 85% of the time. American's AAdvantage program placed second at 80%, followed by United's Mileage Plus at 79%, US Airways' Dividend Miles at 67%, Northwest's WorldPerks at 62%, and Continental's OnePass at 54%.

American led in providing free business class seats on requested routes and days by doing so 92% of the time.

But Bowman says that in a few cases, frequent fliers' complaints seem warranted. He singled out Northwest's poor performance in business-class award seats.

Northwest spokeswoman Mary Stanik says the percentage of miles flown for free by WorldPerks members has risen from 6.1% in 1999 to 7.5% in 2003, and that Northwest is upfront about award seat availability.

"We have tried to establish realistic expectations," she says.

Interesting.....

This was the last post, did that have anything to do with it’s subsequent removal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiocycleThere is one measurement that the survey may have missed.Worldperks, and probably most (if not all) loyalty programs offer greater award seat availability to thier Elites than to base members that don't fly much.If all airline loyalty programs were sampled by top tier elite pax looking for award seat availability it is possible that NW would be at the top of the list.This survey didn't attempt to sample availability by base member and then by top elite member to establish the variances.I would say the research is incomplete and needs to be conducted again.RC

That may be a good point. However, if they looked at the variances that Elites receive for the Airlines across the board it may have been a wash if all scenarios were equal?

I also feel that even NW understands their low position in this survey due to Northwest spokeswoman Mary Stanik quote; "The percentage of miles flown for free by WorldPerks members has risen from 6.1% in 1999 to 7.5% in 2003, and that Northwest is upfront about award seat availability.
"We have tried to establish realistic expectations," she says.

Personally, I do not think I would be as proud of of a 1.4% increase over a 4 year period.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:02 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Did you ask the moderator that removed the post why they did?

I am guessing it is because there is a similar post in Miles Buzz and we like to keep issues in one place when proper.

Just a guess...

William
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
It wasn't removed. It is STILL there, with the moved connotation.

I guess it is easier to start TWO threads whining about the moderators than it is to start a thread in the proper forum.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wharvey
Did you ask the moderator that removed the post why they did?

I am guessing it is because there is a similar post in Miles Buzz and we like to keep issues in one place when proper.

Just a guess...

William

Hi there, yes I did. No response yet however? There is also a post on CO's board entitled, "CO ranks last in redeeming award seats."

From reading the posts that it did receive, there was a lot of intelligent and lively discussion pertaining to this issue. Again, in my opinion it was relevant to NW and all NW flyers. A lot of us do not peruse other forums and would have never seen it in Mile Buzz.

Thank you for your imput.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CameraGuy
It wasn't removed. It is STILL there, with the moved connotation.

I guess it is easier to start TWO threads whining about the moderators than it is to start a thread in the proper forum.
No one is whining here. My question was simple " Why and where was this post moved? It was relevant to NW and NW travel, it did not engage in flaming and there were no complaints? It also had 14 responses and over 100 views."

Thank you however for you invaluable insight and Assistance in this matter? I am always amazed by the bravado of people who can sit safely behind a monitor keep their anonymity and call others whiners or other negative names . For some unknown reason I never seem to run into these rude people in real life, and I travel a lot too.

Last edited by TRVLRZ; Aug 4, 2004 at 6:51 am
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TRVLRZ
No one is whining here. My question was simple " Why and where was this post moved? It was relevant to NW and NW travel, it did not engage in flaming and there were no complaints? It also had 14 responses and over 100 views."

Thank you however for you invaluable insight and Assistance in this matter? If we had more posters like you we would have less posters.
You said it was removed, but it's clearly still there. Plus, your question wasn't "why and where was this post removed?".

Even though the replies were related to NW the thread itself was more of a general one, and IMHO the modertor in question moved it correctly to it's new home.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScottC
You said it was removed, but it's clearly still there. Plus, your question wasn't "why and where was this post removed?".

Even though the replies were related to NW the thread itself was more of a general one, and IMHO the modertor in question moved it correctly to it's new home.
Ok, last post on this. If you would read my original post it clearly states:

Why and where was this post moved? It was relevant to NW and NW travel,
it did not engage in flaming and there were no complaints? It also had 14 responses and over 100 views.

Perhaps removed was a little too simplistic for some. Essentially if a post is “moved” to an unknown location, the said post was also closed out to future discussion, then yes in my opinion it has been removed from the equation.
So yes, my question was WHY & WHERE?

Every one have a great day and happy travels! ^

Last edited by TRVLRZ; Aug 4, 2004 at 7:29 am
Old Aug 4, 2004, 8:41 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Trvlrz,

To try and help you and others: if you look at the top of the screen after you click on a post, it will tell you where a post is located (even if it has been moved from its original posted location).

For example, you would know this post is in the Technical Issues forum based on the following:

FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Issues > Why was this post removed from the NW Forum?

I am also sorry you had not heard from a moderator you sent a message to. Recognize we do not spent 24-7 on the board, so it is most likely that the moderator has not seen your message.

Sorry for your problems on that post.

William
Old Aug 4, 2004, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wharvey
Trvlrz,

To try and help you and others: if you look at the top of the screen after you click on a post, it will tell you where a post is located (even if it has been moved from its original posted location).

For example, you would know this post is in the Technical Issues forum based on the following:

FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Issues > Why was this post removed from the NW Forum?

I am also sorry you had not heard from a moderator you sent a message to. Recognize we do not spent 24-7 on the board, so it is most likely that the moderator has not seen your message.

Sorry for your problems on that post.

William
Hi there, thank you so much for the explanation. I honestly appreciate it! I have been given a (7) day time out from our moderator (yea, they will probable kick me off for good if they see this post) but I did want to thank you for your professionalism in explaining where my post went to, that’s all I was asking for. If you have a chance take a look at the NW forum it has gotten to the point where it is comical. Granted I did throw some gas on the fire, but the moderator in question has a history of being vindictive. There have been numerous posts dealing with this issue, it is interesting at the very least.
I realize that you all do not get paid for what you do and know you put in a lot of hours to make this forum successful. As a Sales Manager who covers states from California to Louisiana up to Indiana, and traveling weekly, I too work hard still have time to donate my time to be an assistant coach on my sons baseball and football team.
We are probable both working the same 14 hour days and again I do appreciate your contribution to this forum.
Take care and best of luck. TRVLRZ aka StepfordPoster aka TCV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.