Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Old Thread Links Broken in UA Forum for Anyone Else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2022, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold

Hi all, when trying to access some of the longer (or older) threads in the forum, I'm seeing the following error:

TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string * int in ..../wikiposts_includes/wikiposts_thread_template.php on line 18

Is this something I have to fix on my end, and/or is anyone else encountering this issue? I was able to get around it initially by viewing the page in Safari instead of Chrome, but now neither work for me, sadly...
Old Dec 4, 2022, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Hi all, when trying to access some of the longer (or older) threads in the forum, I'm seeing the following error:

TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string * int in ..../wikiposts_includes/wikiposts_thread_template.php on line 18

Is this something I have to fix on my end, and/or is anyone else encountering this issue? I was able to get around it initially by viewing the page in Safari instead of Chrome, but now neither work for me, sadly...
I was having same issue for a recent thread, but seems to have self resolved. And it only happened for that single thread.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Last week I had this error on dozens of current threads in the UA, Marriott, and other forums, but it resolved itself after a few days.

I am using a Chrome browser on a 5-year-old Huawei Android phone.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM

Yes. Bizarrely on a new Android, in addition to my laptop. Just gave up for a couple of threads.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:26 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands

Whenever there are links giving you trouble, please include their URLs
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Ah, sorry. This is the main one giving me trouble atm: UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions -Free STBY for all, SDC for all elites

Also: Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:31 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Are you accessing on mobile skin or desktop?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Desktop, both Chrome and Safari. However, I can access both on my mobile device just fine...
Old Dec 8, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Same for me. I was only able to read around 50% of threads last week. Now I can see all but two really stubborn ones, links below:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aege...-new-post.html
Please report your Star Alliance award redemption experiences

I upgraded my browser (Chrome) to the latest version, cleared cache etc. and also tried with Firefox and Brave with no luck. Those two threads seem corrupted or incompatible with some software update on the FT side.

EDIT: I can actually read them with Microsoft Edge!

More Edit: I can also view them if I open in an Incognito window in Chrome, but I don't know if that causes any content to be missing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.