Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inline Links and Many Images Not Appearing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Inline Links and Many Images Not Appearing

Now a new problem - when someone (or myself) posts a link or an image, I can't see it on the desktop version of FT, it's just invisible with an open white space where it should be, but I can see it on the mobile version
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I also noticed this issue the other day when someone posted a Youtube video and it appeared to me as a blank post. When I quoted it I was then able to see the link and copy and paste it into a new tab to watch.
Silver Fox and bocastephen like this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
It's been like that for a while for me. My circumvention (I assume mine is an adblocker or something issue) is to quote the post in a reply, then I can see everything in the quoted post. I don't know if it is related to the changes that I seem to be experiencing now where I get messages saying "checking if your conection is secure" and then having to click on a Captcha image verification screen or two. Perhaps it's just my updated FF browser. Anyway, it doesn't affect me to any great degree as yet.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
FT support - any answers? Clearing the cache did not help
Old Oct 24, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I don't know if it is related to the changes that I seem to be experiencing now where I get messages saying "checking if your connection is secure" and then having to click on a Captcha image verification screen or two.
Ah, I'm not the only one that is constantly getting that?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by wrp96
Ah, I'm not the only one that is constantly getting that?
No. It's happening regularly to me.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:14 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Now a new problem - when someone (or myself) posts a link or an image, I can't see it on the desktop version of FT, it's just invisible with an open white space where it should be, but I can see it on the mobile version
I noticed this in the settings, not sure if it's new but I don't remember seeing it before anyway. I tried toggling it too see if it explained a bug I reported in the other thread; didn't help me but maybe it'll help you? (I'm not having the image issue you reported here so can't tell...)

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
I also noticed this issue the other day when someone posted a Youtube video and it appeared to me as a blank post. When I quoted it I was then able to see the link and copy and paste it into a new tab to watch.
Embeds have been broken since August for anyone who doesn't accept "sell my personal information" cookies.
bocastephen, Silver Fox and IBJoel like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:10 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
If anyone is still experiencing this after disabling lazy loader, please link me to a post that's an issue (although with your browser and device) and I will investigate
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by IBJoel
If anyone is still experiencing this after disabling lazy loader, please link me to a post that's an issue (although with your browser and device) and I will investigate
I still can't see links and I have disabled Lazy Loading. Using Safari (desktop) on an ipad.

Here is an example https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35421881-post4853.html

I can see the link when I quote the post but not otherwise.
IBJoel

Last edited by Finkface; Jul 18, 2023 at 2:45 pm
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:27 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Finkface
I still can't see links and I have disabled Lazy Loading. Using Safari (desktop) on an ipad.

Here is an example https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35421881-post4853.html

I can see the link when I quote the post but not otherwise.
IBJoel
Apple handhelds seem to just not play nice with our stuff. And also that's a Twitter post and desktop skin is not officially supported on mobile devices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.