Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Cloudflare Errors (Error 521, 1005, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cloudflare Errors (Error 521, 1005, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by nycflyergirl
I have been getting the following error code when accessing the flyertalk website. Both on Chrome and Edge. I am using Nord VPN.

Error 1005

Ray ID: 79da344e285bc44d • 2023-02-22 19:42:19 UTC

Access denied

What happened?a

The owner of this website (FlyerTalk - The world's most popular frequent flyer community - FlyerTalk is a living, growing community where frequent travelers around the world come to exchange knowledge and experiences about everything miles and points related.) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (212238) from accessing this website.
Are you using a VPN service like NordVPN? If you are I'd look at the following thread (starting around post #200).

Consolidated "Problems Accessing FlyerTalk When Using A VPN" thread
nycflyergirl likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Cloud flare Error 1020

Getting error when trying to access via laptop on EERO mesh WiFi with NordVPN active. Here’s the error details provided by Cloudflare:

Error code: 1020
Ray ID: 7a5cb1808d1c1403
Data Center: ord06
IP: 193.42.0.215
Timestamp: 2023-03-10 15:46:56 UTC

Should note that can access with my iPhone over same EERO mesh WiFI without VPN which is how I’m sending this.

Suggestions?
Old May 15, 2023, 4:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation acces denied - error 1020

Hi

can you help me please ?

since few days i sometimes get access denied to flyertalk

see screenshot below , i guess its due to VPN and cloudfare , but otherwise no idea cause details arent really verbose

whats the reason for that ?
Old May 17, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by fifty_two
whats the reason for that ?
It seems that the internet provider you're using when you get those messages - Hydra in France - has got itself onto a list of naughty networks at Cloudflare, and Internet Brands - the people who run and host Flyertalk have applied various defensive controls at Cloudflare to protect the website and forum. Unfortunately flyertalk gets more than it's fair share of bad people trying to do inappropriate things to flyertalk and Internet Brands appear to be quite aggressive with the controls available to protect the service.
Old May 19, 2023, 3:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
It seems that the internet provider you're using when you get those messages - Hydra in France - has got itself onto a list of naughty networks at Cloudflare,
Lets call shield and the avengers to solve this problem once and for all

Originally Posted by plunet
and Internet Brands - the people who run and host Flyertalk have applied various defensive controls at Cloudflare to protect the website and forum. Unfortunately flyertalk gets more than it's fair share of bad people trying to do inappropriate things to flyertalk and Internet Brands appear to be quite aggressive with the controls available to protect the service.
It seems it was due to VPN , i used nordvpn to access websites blocked outside of france so thats the most likely reason

When i previously used nordvpn to access website through exit points located in another country for a long time , and never had any problem

No i know , will pay attention to this , thanks for feedback
Old May 19, 2023, 4:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fifty_two
Lets call shield and the avengers to solve this problem once and for all

It seems it was due to VPN , i used nordvpn to access websites blocked outside of france so thats the most likely reason

When i previously used nordvpn to access website through exit points located in another country for a long time , and never had any problem

No i know , will pay attention to this , thanks for feedback
I use a different commercial VPN (that is well suited for use in China). It has around 500 servers (I haven't counted them all though). Some work with FT, while others do not, and I haven't noticed any changes over the past year (i.e. what worked a year ago, still works now and vv).
Old Feb 16, 2024, 8:30 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
What happened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.