Search

Password change and related password issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2020, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Change your email first
I’m not about to change my email address I’ve had for 15 years.

Is there no workaround?
Old Nov 7, 2020, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
I have had the same PW here for 17 years LOL I need to change it. I'm prompted with an email address I used initially to enroll in FT but that email is no longer valid so I can't obviously receive the reset password link. Can you recommend what I can do to change my PW?
Originally Posted by enviroian
I’m not about to change my email address I’ve had for 15 years.
Is there no workaround?
If no longer active why not change the FT profile it to a valid email?
JDiver, IBJoel and WindowSeatFlyer like this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 7:07 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
What Mwenenzi said. If you can't access your registered email, then you need to change it. You risk losing access to your account entirely.
WindowSeatFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Yes, I need help resetting my password.

So this is weird.

I've tried 5-10 times to use the reset password function built into Flyertalk.

1. I go to: Flyertalk Forums - Lost Password Recovery Form
2. I enter my email address: [redacted]
3. Nothing arrives, no in my inbox, not in Span

A. My profile exists here: FlyerTalk Forums - View Profile: Pakse (I can't post the link to it here as this account is new and this is post 1)
B. When I try to re-register with my [redacted] email address the system tells me that email is already in use.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jul 13, 2021 at 10:49 am Reason: Redacted for member privacy. Admin staff can still see the original
Old Aug 15, 2021, 7:04 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by Pakse_two
So this is weird.

I've tried 5-10 times to use the reset password function built into Flyertalk.

1. I go to: Flyertalk Forums - Lost Password Recovery Form
2. I enter my email address: [redacted]
3. Nothing arrives, no in my inbox, not in Span

A. My profile exists here: FlyerTalk Forums - View Profile: Pakse (I can't post the link to it here as this account is new and this is post 1)
B. When I try to re-register with my [redacted] email address the system tells me that email is already in use.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Did you find a solution? I have the exact same problem.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 12:05 am

Hi,

No - no solution - silence. I'm frustrated. I enter the email, the system responds that it has sent an email to me and nothing arrives.

So apparently my original identity here is now locked away from me. I guess it's not that big of a deal; but it's weird. I was a contributing member for a while. I'm surprised that an admin can't look at my account settings and correct whatever is wrong or let me verify my identity another way. I"m not opposed to sending in a drivers license or somehow proving my identity.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:48 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
IBJoel can you help?

Hi,

No - no solution - silence. I'm frustrated. I enter the email, the system responds that it has sent an email to me and nothing arrives.

So apparently my original identity here is now locked away from me. I guess it's not that big of a deal; but it's weird. I was a contributing member for a while. I'm surprised that an admin can't look at my account settings and correct whatever is wrong or let me verify my identity another way. I"m not opposed to sending in a drivers license or somehow proving my identity.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:16 am
Administrator

Hi,

Fill out this form with the email of your original account: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/contact
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:23 am

IBJoel,

I have filled out the form. Thanks for the advice, I hope it works. I'd like to be "me" again.

Update: 24 hours later - no response from filling out the form. (I'll continue to update the progress on this issue).

Last edited by Pakse_two; Aug 17, 2021 at 5:58 am Reason: Update after 24 hours
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:26 am
Administrator

Just email me directly at [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.