Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Password change and related password issues

Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: accor

I dont know why but when I come to the forum using my mobile phone I always logged in, however I can't log in with my laptop. Even after I use forgot password, no email come from flyertalk. Please help. I prefer using my laptop to post review and reply in forum. Thank you.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:17 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by ququin
I dont know why but when I come to the forum using my mobile phone I always logged in, however I can't log in with my laptop. Even after I use forgot password, no email come from flyertalk. Please help. I prefer using my laptop to post review and reply in forum. Thank you.
Go to MyFlyertalk and make sure your email address is correct. Then do the password reset.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Change Email if logging in w/ Facebook / password forgotten

Hi Admins,

I log in via Facebook but I can't for the life of me remember me my old password. I only log in using Facebook so I don't ever use my email or password convo. I want to change my email as it's an email I haven't had since 2015 but I can't do it without my password.

How can I request this or verify my identity ?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:20 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Redwood839
Hi Admins,

I log in via Facebook but I can't for the life of me remember me my old password. I only log in using Facebook so I don't ever use my email or password convo. I want to change my email as it's an email I haven't had since 2015 but I can't do it without my password.

How can I request this or verify my identity ?
Hi Redwood. I'll send you a PM. You can also change your password/email here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...o=editpassword
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:04 am

I need similar help. I had to create this handle in order to get help with my "real" account. I logged off, don't remember my password and don't remember the password to the email associated to that account. Can you send me a PM? Thanks.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:59 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by pianowinter
I need similar help. I had to create this handle in order to get help with my "real" account. I logged off, don't remember my password and don't remember the password to the email associated to that account. Can you send me a PM? Thanks.
We'll see what we can do for you, but without access to the email associated with the account in question, for security purposes we cannot give out information.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:28 pm

Changing my password

I'm guessing I'm looking right at it, but don't see a way to change my password. Help point me in the right direction?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:58 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Wendy.

If you're on the Full Site (as in not mobile), click on MyFlyertalk on the left side near the top of the page, then when the MyFlyertalk page comes up, there should be something on the left side that says Edit Email & Password. That's the place to go.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:06 am
Administrator

lo2e is correct! And here's the direct link, just in case: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...o=editpassword
Old Dec 18, 2019, 6:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Wendy80
I'm guessing I'm looking right at it, but don't see a way to change my password. Help point me in the right direction?
IBJoel and lo2e are correct. The direct link, just in case: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...o=editpassword

As illustrated here.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:10 pm

How would a user change their User Name?
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:12 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by ;31917871
In short, please see: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#usernames
  • Should you have second thoughts regarding your choice of a username, one-time changes can be arranged by contacting the Community Director.
  • Username changes are only available to members with fewer than 500 posts.
Please refer to the following thread (especially its wikipost) for detailed information: Change user name / username / handle: Can I? How?

Last edited by IBJoel; Jan 7, 2020 at 8:58 am Reason: wanted to delete someone's real name from their quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:58 am
Administrator

I'll PM you
JDiver likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Password Change

I have had the same PW here for 17 years LOL I need to change it. I'm prompted with an email address I used initially to enroll in FT but that email is no longer valid so I can't obviously receive the reset password link. Can you recommend what I can do to change my PW?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:15 pm
Administrator

Change your email first
WindowSeatFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.