Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

How to disable auto-load of next/last page of thread?

Old Sep 30, 19, 9:25 am
Original Poster

This feature makes it very tough to read FlyerTalk for me, especially on mobile. If I scroll to the bottom or top of a thread, the next or prior page auto loads--but in the process, it bumps me to another position in the thread. I lose track of the post I was trying to read.

It also makes it difficult to scroll to the very top of a page by tapping on the menu bar on iPhone. I often want to go to the top to go to the parent forum, but every time I scroll to the top the prior page of posts loads. It's very frustrating.

Can I just disable this auto-load feature somehow?
Old Sep 30, 19, 10:00 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by CalAlumnus13 View Post
This feature makes it very tough to read FlyerTalk for me, especially on mobile. If I scroll to the bottom or top of a thread, the next or prior page auto loads--but in the process, it bumps me to another position in the thread. I lose track of the post I was trying to read.

It also makes it difficult to scroll to the very top of a page by tapping on the menu bar on iPhone. I often want to go to the top to go to the parent forum, but every time I scroll to the top the prior page of posts loads. It's very frustrating.

Can I just disable this auto-load feature somehow?
This is standard for mobile (although you can always choose "View Full Site" from the menu), but if you go here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions, you can click "Disable Infinite Scroll" and hit "Save" at the bottom.
Old Sep 30, 19, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. So there's no way to disable it for the mobile version of the site?
Old Oct 1, 19, 8:09 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by CalAlumnus13 View Post
Thanks for the reply. So there's no way to disable it for the mobile version of the site?
Not for the mobile skin, no.

Search this Thread