Wiki Posts
Search

Hover-over PopUps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Hover-over PopUps

I have an annoying as all get out popup ad that opens if the cursor even passes over the ad, with no click. What's the deal with it? Mine is for Fiddler on the Roof at Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:08 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by james318
I have an annoying as all get out popup ad that opens if the cursor even passes over the ad, with no click. What's the deal with it? Mine is for Fiddler on the Roof at Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth.
Hi James,

Considering you have your location listed as DFW, that sounds location-based. Can you please post a screenshot of the ad? Is it on the top or side of the page that expands when you mouse over it?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Hi James,

Considering you have your location listed as DFW, that sounds location-based. Can you please post a screenshot of the ad? Is it on the top or side of the page that expands when you mouse over it?
Sure, here is a screenshot. It's both on the top and bottom of the page, and pops up a whole new window. And forgive me, the ad has changed to Music Hall at Fair Park. It must have been in Fort Worth last week.

JDiver and IBJoel like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:36 am
Administrator

Sure, here is a screenshot. It's both on the top and bottom of the page, and pops up a whole new window. And forgive me, the ad has changed to Music Hall at Fair Park. It must have been in Fort Worth last week.

Thank you. And it opens a new window just by mousing over it? Or is that pop-up unrelated to the ad?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. And it opens a new window just by mousing over it? Or is that pop-up unrelated to the ad?
It opens up a new window just by mousing over it. The popup is to ticketmaster to buy tickets for it.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:59 am
Administrator

It opens up a new window just by mousing over it. The popup is to ticketmaster to buy tickets for it.
I'll report to our tech team.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:01 am
Original Poster

I'll report to our tech team.
Any updates? This is still quite annoying and seems to be the only ad doing it to me.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:01 pm
Administrator

Any updates? This is still quite annoying and seems to be the only ad doing it to me.
I've reported it, but it's up to the ad network to turn it off. It also appears to be location-specific.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.