Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

MS Edge browser: Constant nag "....wants to send you notifications"

Old Aug 7, 19, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold

Over the last few days, every time I open a page on flyertalk.com, I get the message at the bottom of the screen:-

"www.flyertalk.com wants to send you notifications, but first you must go to Settings and turn on Notifications" with a button to go to Settings. There I can turn on Notifications for Edge. But I don't want notifications from Edge!

What can I do, please, to stop this extremely annoying "nag". Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 19, 2:13 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by johnash View Post
Over the last few days, every time I open a page on flyertalk.com, I get the message at the bottom of the screen:-

"www.flyertalk.com wants to send you notifications, but first you must go to Settings and turn on Notifications" with a button to go to Settings. There I can turn on Notifications for Edge. But I don't want notifications from Edge!

What can I do, please, to stop this extremely annoying "nag". Thanks.
Hi John, you should have the ability to click "No" or disallow notifications. Are you using private/incognito browsing?
Old Aug 7, 19, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Hi John, you should have the ability to click "No" or disallow notifications. Are you using private/incognito browsing?
Thanks Joel, but no, there is no option to click "No". I am not using private or incognito browsing. However, I have now allowed Edge to notify (as demanded by flyertalk) and the nag has gone away. I will have to wait and see what notifications I now get from flyertalk!

Search this Thread