Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FlyerTalk News Articles

FlyerTalk news articles may be read here (link).

The FlyerTalk front / home page is here.
(Includes trending "must read" articles, FrugalTravelGuy blog links, "your notifications" list, short listing of pending FT Dos / Meetups, highlighted FT news stories, a short list of FT columns, links trending threads and your subscription information.

Neither the Community Director nor Technical Support personnel are involved with the News section or its production. To provide feedback to FT News columnists, please use the Comment function under the relevant article.

Thank you,

The Technical Support and Feedback forum moderation team

Print Wikipost

Feedback on Flyertalk News

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:38 pm

HI Meg,
There was a headline about someone's carryon bag being moved without permission. The picture showed the wing of an aircraft from inside the window, likewise an article about bad behavior with the same picture.
Thanks for looking into this
MIke

these headlines were on the front page where the news stories are.
Thanks

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 7, 2019 at 9:29 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Neither the Community Director nor Technical Support personnel are involved with the News section or its production. To provide feedback to FT News columnists, please use the Comment function under the relevant article.
When I comment, my comment is always "comment awaiting moderation" and then no one ever goes to approve it, yet there are lots of comments that are borderline inappropriate, which I don't think were moderated at all. Nice way to quietly censor those with corrections or criticisms...

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 8, 2019 at 8:52 am Reason: Close quote
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:47 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by diburning
When I comment, my comment is always "comment awaiting moderation"
Do you have an example?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:06 pm

Not at the moment, but in the past, my "comment awaiting moderation" simply disappears after a while indicating either someone deleted it or it timed out.

So, here's an example. I just posted a comment here, with a nitpick.

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/b...#comment-30654
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:41 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by diburning
Not at the moment, but in the past, my "comment awaiting moderation" simply disappears after a while indicating either someone deleted it or it timed out.

So, here's an example. I just posted a comment here, with a nitpick.

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/b...#comment-30654
@IBMeg?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Hi diburning

All comments on the homepage on FlyerTalk are moderated. One person is in charge of that moderating and they may take more or less time to moderate the comments depending on their workload.

But, I know that waiting for a comment to be approved can be frustrating, especially when you're responding to another comment, etc. I've made a note to my team to check the queue more frequently!

Thanks,

IBMeg

​​​​​​​Meg
JDiver and IBobi like this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:41 pm

I think someone in charge at IB should read the comments on this one. There's a resounding opinion/backlash (that I wholeheartedly agree with), and probably should be reviewed to re-evaluate whether it's appropriate to publish something like this.

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/i...be-either.html
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:03 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
I'll make sure Meg sees this, thanks diburning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.