Feedback on Flyertalk News

Old Dec 12, 18, 1:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies and Gentlemen, dear Kids,
FT takes reports of faulty/shoddily written news items rather serious and depends on your feedback. FT news is not part of of the FTG website, but a separate entity. I have therefore split off the comments on FT News from the FTG thread in EM&PR and creted a new thread, which I will move into the feedback forum. Please continue the reports there, or PM @IBMeg directly if you see an error in the news articles.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
Old Dec 12, 18, 8:12 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Which? is the name of the UK Consumer Magazine.

https://www.which.co.uk
​​​​​
In which case, the title of the magazine should have been italicized in the article (non-italicized in the opening paragraph which is itself italicized already). One reason for that is to avoid the very confusion that I experienced. He also neglected to use a closing comma after the first instance of the name and missed the chance to properly punctuate the name later. All of which make it appear to the casual reader to be a random note left in the article - especially to those outside the circulation area of a publication (and one with a common word as its title!!).

Just more sloppiness that a proper proofreading and editing would have caught. And not an isolated incident. If IB is trying to create professional articles here, they have some work to do IMHO. I guess if they just want some filler, then disregard!

Last edited by 84fiero; Dec 12, 18 at 8:41 am
Old Dec 12, 18, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
FT takes reports of faulty/shoddily written news items rather serious and depends on your feedback...
They should really depend on an editor instead, but sure, I'll send IBMeg a PM the next time I see something that needs to be fixed.

To be fair, the issues posted here are fixed relatively quickly after they're pointed out.

Last edited by diburning; Dec 12, 18 at 9:33 am
Old Dec 12, 18, 11:12 am
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback!

I have italicized the name of the publication and added a link in the text. Always feel free to @IBMeg me if you see a problem in an article and its editor has not responded in a timely fashion.

Meg
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 4, 19, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Alright, since I sent a message to IBMeg, and it hasn't been fixed, I think it's fair at this point to post my critique publicly as I've given it enough time.

In this article: https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/w...l-in-2019.html

The title indicates that the article would answer why a US passport is less powerful in 2019. Except it doesn't. It explains the rating process, and it tells us which is the top passport, as well as the US passport's position over time. But, it doesn't answer or explain why it is less powerful in 2019 which was supposed to be the whole premise of the article as titled!
Old Feb 6, 19, 12:16 pm
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
Alright, since I sent a message to IBMeg, and it hasn't been fixed, I think it's fair at this point to post my critique publicly as I've given it enough time.

In this article: https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/w...l-in-2019.html

The title indicates that the article would answer why a US passport is less powerful in 2019. Except it doesn't. It explains the rating process, and it tells us which is the top passport, as well as the US passport's position over time. But, it doesn't answer or explain why it is less powerful in 2019 which was supposed to be the whole premise of the article as titled!
I think it's less powerful because it slipped down the rankings. Because it doesn't get you into as many countries visa-free as compared to the countries placed higher on the list. But I have sent Meg your comment, thank you.