Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Mobile skin updates July-August

Mobile skin updates July-August

Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:12 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IBJoel
The mobile skin has slightly less functionality than desktop for UserCP, but clicking on one of the subscribed forums names will take you to said forum.
Slightly less? If I can't see new subscribed threads than it's basically unusable.
megaloman likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:17 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Slightly less? If I can't see new subscribed threads than it's basically unusable.
If you hit the Hamburger menu in the upper left and click "Subscriptions" you can see them.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
If you hit the Hamburger menu in the upper left and click "Subscriptions" you can see them.
But this requires extra two taps...
IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:17 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by megaloman
But this requires extra two taps...
Hahaha I know, it's taxing. Although this is only an additional step from the User CP. If your homepage was the forum index/a thread index, it'd be the same number of steps.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:48 pm

Hahaha I know, it's taxing. Although this is only an additional step from the User CP. If your homepage was the forum index/a thread index, it'd be the same number of steps.
True, it's an additional step from User CP. The thing is - I have a bookmark to User CP page, where I used to see all subscribed threads and subscribed forums. Now they're separated - I no longer can have a single point of entry to see and decide what I want to see first. In my humble opinion, this is a reduction in usability, or regression if you prefer.

Have you guys heard about AB testing? or UX? I would strongly recommend you test your ideas before they're deployed onto production environment.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:06 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
True, it's an additional step from User CP. The thing is - I have a bookmark to User CP page, where I used to see all subscribed threads and subscribed forums. Now they're separated - I no longer can have a single point of entry to see and decide what I want to see first. In my humble opinion, this is a reduction in usability, or regression if you prefer.

Have you guys heard about AB testing? or UX? I would strongly recommend you test your ideas before they're deployed onto production environment.
I'm with you. As a long time contributor with thousands of posts this will mean I contribute much, much less in future. It's fundamental functionality.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:36 am
Administrator

The mobile skin will never have the same UI/UX as full desktop. If you would like to have those subscriptions immediately viewable, you can change your bookmark to: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

The Point of entry to decide what you want to view first on Mobile is the side menu. From there, you can click on My FlyerTalk, Subscriptions, your PMs, from anywhere on the forum.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:15 am

The mobile skin will never have the same UI/UX as full desktop. If you would like to have those subscriptions immediately viewable, you can change your bookmark to: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/subs...n&folderid=all

The Point of entry to decide what you want to view first on Mobile is the side menu. From there, you can click on My FlyerTalk, Subscriptions, your PMs, from anywhere on the forum.
It used to work the way I described and everyone was happy, it got removed and you're telling me having to tap more is for my convenience... I don't buy it.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:35 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Is this a coding issue of sorts? Have seen this a few times now on mobile (iOS, Safari). Probably smilies not loading?

Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:37 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

The url to bookmark for mobile use is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/subs...n&folderid=all
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:07 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by florens
Is this a coding issue of sorts? Have seen this a few times now on mobile (iOS, Safari). Probably smilies not loading?

link?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.