Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Why is C-buzz routinely subjected to this spam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

This has got to be the 3-4th time in the last couple days where this is the top part of the thread. I report it every time I see it but they seem to like this sub-forum over all others

Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seen more than that. Seems to be morning in India = late afternoon in Aust when spammers are active.
Yesterday had spam in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/ forum
An ongoing battle between moderators/IT admin & spammers
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There is a “battle of the spam” that is ongoing. FT has some ways to fight it, such as allowing a maximum number of posts or PMs from a new member, sending new members’posts with links, etc. to a Moderation queue, etc.

But this spammer (and possibly a few others) is particularly maddening. They spoof their IP addresses, they’re undoubtedly using bits and they target various fora. We’ve had them here occasionally, The Suggestion Box morevfrequently, the Information Desk and others. Moderators try to clear them as quickly as we can - whether it’s from a messsge of a post in the Moderation queue or a bad post report from a member.

But... some fora have no appointed Moderators (the RBP goes tomthe Senior Moderators I that case, and gets pretty speedy response), and moderated fora have from one to six (I think that’s the max we have currently);Moderators. As all of us are volunteers, with work, Travel, etc. facets to our lives, the response time can vary.

I’d love to have a virtual flyswatter with Global reach...
IBJoel and IBobi like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 19, 2018 at 7:51 am
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:39 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
JDiver is correct. We are combating the spam, but it is a constant back and forth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.