Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
One step forward, two steps back. Again.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:10 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
One step forward, two steps back. Again.
Thank you -- working on this!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IBobi
Thank you -- working on this!
Can you put a word in for whomever picks out font sizes. They seemed to have shrunk... again. Especially in the "Reply to Thread" box. They don't need to be comically big, but 12 or 14 pt would be helpful.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Can you put a word in for whomever picks out font sizes. They seemed to have shrunk... again. Especially in the "Reply to Thread" box. They don't need to be comically big, but 12 or 14 pt would be helpful.
Even worse on PPRuNe, another IB damaged site! On screen (iMac 28") they're about 6pt.

However, these are Internet Professionals, and we should bow before their incompetence.
Attached Images  
florens likes this.

Last edited by T8191; Jun 1, 2018 at 1:59 am Reason: Add screenshot
Old May 31, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
I miss my alt-s keyboard shortcut.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Can we have one-click access to "subscribed threads" on the menu bar back? I mean, who really needs access to all sorts of Wikis for forums they're not even reading on the menu bar, does this ever get clicked?
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Is any work still going on to fix bugs?

There's a long-standing bug that got fixed before the recent change, but has come back with this latest change and has still not been fixed:

If you search for a term and ask for the results to show posts in which the term appears, and if the term appears in the wikipost, then every single post in that thread is returned regardless of whether the post contains the term. This appears to be because the appearance in the wikipost counts, and triggers a positive result for that post.

For example, try this search which is for the term "skg" showing all posts on the BA board. The posts currently returned in the first 25 results (first page) are from these threads:-
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:36 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Globaliser
There's a long-standing bug that got fixed before the recent change, but has come back with this latest change and has still not been fixed:

If you search for a term and ask for the results to show posts in which the term appears, and if the term appears in the wikipost, then every single post in that thread is returned regardless of whether the post contains the term. This appears to be because the appearance in the wikipost counts, and triggers a positive result for that post.

For example, try this search which is for the term "skg" showing all posts on the BA board. The posts currently returned in the first 25 results (first page) are from these threads:-BA Lounge Database | Europe
It's been reported, and will require a change to the search technology that FT uses; that change is not imminent, no ETA I am sorry.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by IBobi
It's been reported, and will require a change to the search technology that FT uses; that change is not imminent, no ETA I am sorry.
Thanks, IBobi - good that it's on the list, at any rate.
IBobi likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
RBP icon gone, switching to text only hours ago...

Is the high power testing something new on FT again during the last few hours?

Just back on FT now, it appears the red alert on the low left corner of posts has been replaced with plain text "Alert a moderator of this post", which is also clickable without underline. Not sure if this is a new "improvement" or simple new glitch that the tech team is working on.

ETA:

Two hours later, that red triangle alert seems to reappear now. Does it mean it will stay this time?

Last edited by lin821; Jul 6, 2018 at 7:04 am Reason: ETA
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:55 pm

The font in the header seems a little big and bold.

The dark blue footer background and page text seems too bright.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:43 pm

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse here, but have been off FT for some time. Are other Chrome users having issues with font size inconsistencies at a given zoom level? At 80% the thread list pages have such small font that I can't read a bit of it, but the actual post pages look fine. Of course, then, if I zoom then the thread list pages look good but fonts on the individual thread pages are huge. Why can't the font just be the same size?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:55 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Sorry if I am beating a dead horse here, but have been off FT for some time. Are other Chrome users having issues with font size inconsistencies at a given zoom level? At 80% the thread list pages have such small font that I can't read a bit of it, but the actual post pages look fine. Of course, then, if I zoom then the thread list pages look good but fonts on the individual thread pages are huge. Why can't the font just be the same size?
Welcome back! Try holding "Ctrl" and pressing "F5" a few times. Your browser may be holding the older version of the site in your cache and causing formatting troubles.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Welcome back! Try holding "Ctrl" and pressing "F5" a few times. Your browser may be holding the older version of the site in your cache and causing formatting troubles.
No, that's not it, the fonts are just objectively small. See below snip of two windows - both zoomed to 80% - pulled up next to each other.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:22 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by arlflyer
No, that's not it, the fonts are just objectively small. See below snip of two windows - both zoomed to 80% - pulled up next to each other.
The fonts are the same size: 16px. You can even right-click and inspect them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.