Search

Wiki & Review icons disappear in thread title if there are both

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Wiki & Review icons disappear in thread title if there are both

I'm in the midst of adding some wikis in the Marriott forum for the Marriott-family hotels in (XX) cities.

I just noticed that if there is no wiki & no review, after I've created the wiki the wiki icon appears (as it should) in the thread title. I also noticed that if I add a wiki to a thread that has a review, that has the review icon displaying in the thread title prior to my adding the wiki (as it should), once I've added the wiki & go back to the thread - BOTH the wiki & review icons have disappeared from the thread title! So unless someone actually opens the thread they wouldn't know that there is a wiki & a review in the thread.

I'm on my laptop w/ Windows 7 using Chrome, so not accessing via the mobile skin or on a mobile device at all. I seem to recall this happened a few years ago after a software change, & IBobi had the tech team get it fixed. I don't think it took that long.

Examples of where the wiki & review icon don't appear after the wiki has been added to a thread that also has a review in it. These threads did have the review icon display in the thread before I added the wiki.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...d-threads.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...d-threads.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...4-present.html
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:43 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
I'll ask about this, but my guess is the answer will be "this is what happens, these are both custom products and will not always work perfectly in edge cases like this."

This may be a known issue. I vaguesly recall it being raise a loooong time ago.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBobi
I'll ask about this, but my guess is the answer will be "this is what happens, these are both custom products and will not always work perfectly in edge cases like this."

This may be a known issue. I vaguesly recall it being raise a loooong time ago.
But when I raised it a long time ago, you brought it to the tech team's attention & they fixed it pretty quickly. Are you saying IB's recent editing of the custom software has now made it a difficult fix?

It's not an 'edge case'. There are threads that have both in multiple forums. Given that IB/FT is encouraging the creation of wikis & reviews, it would benefit FT & IB to have both icons display in a thread title IMO.

I do realize that since IB isn't fixing some of the larger issues that have been raised in this forum, that this small one probably isn't important. However, I brought it up in good faith because a) I thought you should know & b) because it was fixed the last time pretty quickly, that you would fix it this time (& it would be an easy win. Hey, thanks for bringing it up/we took care of it.)

Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:20 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
I'm glad you brought it up; I have raised it with our tech team and we will see what happens.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.