New Member Posting Restriction [URL - link - image]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

As a brand new member, we want you to feel welcome to our frequent traveler community of over 600,000.

Some spammers also sign up and create spurious accounts to spam us, or spam our members privately without posting. We have found the most effective way to protect our members from unwanted spam include:

1) Allow new members a maximum of five posts a day initially. (We won’t reveal how many posts you must make to be released from this condition because we’d be giving it away to spammers, but it’s really not onerous.)

2) New members are not allowed to post web links, image links, URLs. If you attempt doing so, your post will be hidden temporarily until a Moderator can review and approve it.

3) New members can make new posts or start new threads, but some posts and new threads may be hidden temporarily and sent to the moderation queue for review and approval.

4) New members are restricted in how many Private Messages they can send initially. We have found a few have taken advantage of signing up for an account to spam members with PMs.

(If you encounter any glitches, such as a message warning you can’t post a URL but don’t have one in your proposed post, let us know here or contact a Moderator in the forum you’re trying to post in. A glitch existed for a short time, but we think it was fixed.)

We apologize for any frustration you might experience from this initial throttling back of your activity, knowing you might have a number of questions that brought you to establish an account, or that now that you’ve found us you’re enthusiastic and want to participate fully in our community. As you become more active, we also suspect you’ll appreciate how we value your privacy and protect you from unwanted spam.

The Administrators and Forum Co-Moderators

Print Wikipost

New Member Posting Restriction [URL - link - image]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Titanium
It appears I'm able to write and preview a post/reply, but only after I submit it, do I get the message informing me I can't post more than 5 times in 24 hrs.

I'm guessing there's no way to ascertain whether an account has passed the minimum threshold, so I don't spend time writing replies that won't get posted?

Last edited by Davevad; Dec 20, 2022 at 9:46 am Reason: Added question
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:50 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Davevad
It appears I'm able to write and preview a post/reply, but only after I submit it, do I get the message informing me I can't post more than 5 times in 24 hrs.

I'm guessing there's no way to ascertain whether an account has passed the minimum threshold, so I don't spend time writing replies that won't get posted?
You should be able to post unlimitedly now
Davevad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.