Wiki Posts
Search

New Forum Layout / Design Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:24 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Great_circle
There are 2 different versions of 'My flyertalk' now, the old and trusted white text with darkblue background and a new one in the new (far less pleasant) light blue background. Will the new one eventually replace the old version? I hope not, as the new version has completely different menu options and I'm shure many readers/members are very familiar with the options that are available under the old menu.
I'm not aware of 2 versions... can you link to each?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Thank you to the first person who mentioned how to turn off the infinity scroll. It is why I found this thread.
I am with the others. Not quite sure why the changes. Things were quite decent as they were. I reckon the vast majority of the people on here are on here for the vast collective knowledge available on these forums, and the previous iteration of the site served this purpose well enough.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by IBobi
I'm not aware of 2 versions... can you link to each?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:16 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Great_circle
There are 2 different versions of 'My flyertalk' now, the old and trusted white text with darkblue background and a new one in the new (far less pleasant) light blue background. Will the new one eventually replace the old version? I hope not, as the new version has completely different menu options and I'm shure many readers/members are very familiar with the options that are available under the old menu.
OH you just mean the LINK. Yes, there are 2 now. No plans for further changes on these links.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nmh1204
I suppose not, but if you clear the browser's cache, it logs you out automatically
Not that it matters to your point, but I believe it is clearing cookies rather than cache that requires a new login. On some devices, there is a single command that does both. (Anyone with more tech know-how than I have, feel free to correct me.)
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
OH you just mean the LINK. Yes, there are 2 now. No plans for further changes on these links.
What link? I would really, really like to change back to the darker-blue color scheme, also the larger type.

Please, could you explain how this is done?

Use simple words, please. And thank you in advance.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkeptiCallie
What link? I would really, really like to change back to the darker-blue color scheme, also the larger type.

Please, could you explain how this is done?

Use simple words, please. And thank you in advance.
It's not possible to change back to the previous colour scheme or sizing.
IBobi likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:42 pm

That had been my understanding, but the post prior to yours referred to the "LINK," whatever that is.

I was hoping.

Thanks.

While I am at it, are "they" aware that the screen when we are posting is small but even so does not include the box that says "submit reply,' so we have to scroll down (gingerly) a few millimeters in order to find that box and click on it, in order to submit reply?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:40 am
Original Poster

That had been my understanding, but the post prior to yours referred to the "LINK," whatever that is.

I was hoping.

Thanks.

While I am at it, are "they" aware that the screen when we are posting is small but even so does not include the box that says "submit reply,' so we have to scroll down (gingerly) a few millimeters in order to find that box and click on it, in order to submit reply?
the link was in reply to a poster asking about My Flyertalk.

They are aware of the problems with the button positions, but they don't care.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
This latest update is so bad I basically going to stop using Flyertalk. The embedded adds are ridiculous, make scrolling flaky, the performance is terrible.

On top of that it has become the UGLIEST forum service I've ever used.

As usual with the web, we are not the customers, just the source of all of the information so you can sell adds.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:57 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Discussion of polling is off-topic per IB staff

Several posts discussing the possibility of polling, past polls, deleted polls, etc., etc., have been deleted.

IB staff have made it clear there will be no polling of this issue.

Future such posts will be deleted as off-topic for this thread.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator
Technical Support forum

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 5, 2017 at 8:16 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:03 pm

The current blue seems very close to being Wedgwood blue. Nothing wrong with that I suppose but startling, still.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For those unfamiliar with the FlyerTalk Rules, we recommend reading them here: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php. As we all agreed to abide by these when we were granted membership, it’s useful to be aware - they are enforced in this forum, including overly personal comments and snark. “Play the ball, not the player.” That includes members and IB Administrators.

Moderator actions are not to be discussed in the public fora. If you have a question about such, please PM the Moderator who carried out the questioned action.

Advocating ad blockers is prohibited here, as stated in the
Forum Rules. Such use deprives Internet Brands of the revenue it uses to maintain and offer its many websites for free, and FT will not provide technical assistance or support to members using ad blocking software. Be aware only limited discussion of ad blockers is allowed, and certainly not if one is advocating using one to others.

cblaisd/JDiver, Co-Moderators

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 6, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:45 am

A positive note--I am so glad that they have gone back to the term "Original Poster" instead of using the term "thread starter," which really jarred. (Starter kits, dough starter--the list goes on.)
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster

A positive note--I am so glad that they have gone back to the term "Original Poster" instead of using the term "thread starter," which really jarred. (Starter kits, dough starter--the list goes on.)
wow. one change we asked for. What about all the others, IB? The colour and sizing make it very difficult to read anything. I hardly use this site now that you've shown you couldn't care less about the people that use this site

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.