Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

New "Like" Button Issues and Information (Aug 2017)

New "Like" Button Issues and Information (Aug 2017)

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 25, 17, 4:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
The New FT "Like" "button"

FUNCTION

When you click on the "Like" button, it registers the handle of the user liking the post in a horizontal box immediately below the "Like" button. "Liking" a post also optionally sends a notification to the post owner. "Like" notifications appear in Your Control Panel in My FlyerTalk.

To turn the notification function on or off, look in Your Control Panel and Settings & Options under Messaging & Notification:

Likes Notifications:
  • Enable Likes Notifications
  • Disable Likes Notifications
NOTE: Editing a post causes the "Likes" to disappear for a short period of time. They are restored after that pause.

SUGGESTIONS & RECOMMENDATIONS

Please make suggestions or recommendations unrelated to technical issues in the thread Like button (Suggestion FT add Like button) [live 9 August] (link) in The Suggestion Box forum.

(Moderator enabled Wikipost)
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 25, 17, 12:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow New "Like" Button Issues and Information (Aug 2017)

A new "Like" function has been added by Internet Brands to FlyerTalk posts effective 9 August 2017.

The function of the "Like" button and it's peculiarities have been added to the Wikipost directly above.

This thread is specifically to report or discuss technical issues related to the "Like" function.

Please make suggestions or recommendations unrelated to technical issues in the thread Like button (Suggestion FT add Like button) [live 9 August] (link) in The Suggestion Box forum.

Thank you,

cblaisd and JDiver, forum Co-Moderators

IBobi and beardoc like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 25, 17 at 12:38 pm
Old Aug 25, 17, 4:44 pm
Administrator

Thanks Jose!
Old Yesterday, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K *Soon to be a free agent!, Marriott Gold *kiss that goodbye along w 1K status.
Old thread, but seems like the best place to ask...
I notice recently sometimes my LIKE button doesn't work. I click it - nothing happens.

At first I thought it was an iPad issue, but same happens on my desktop.
Then I thought maybe not allowed to click too many LIKES in a row -- but it's not that because sometimes it doesn't work when I haven't liked anything else in days.
Then I thought some posters can opt out -- but it's not that either, because I just tried to LIKE a post from someone who has other LIKES.

I noticed someone on the UA forum commenting on this: "I tried to LIKE your comment but it didn't work for some reason"

It seems completely random. Any other reports of this?
IBobi likes this.

Search this Thread