Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The New FT "Like" "button"

FUNCTION

When you click on the "Like" button, it registers the handle of the user liking the post in a horizontal box immediately below the "Like" button. "Liking" a post also optionally sends a notification to the post owner. "Like" notifications appear in Your Control Panel in My FlyerTalk.

To turn the notification function on or off, look in Your Control Panel and Settings & Options under Messaging & Notification:

Likes Notifications:
  • Enable Likes Notifications
  • Disable Likes Notifications
NOTE: Editing a post causes the "Likes" to disappear for a short period of time. They are restored after that pause.

SUGGESTIONS & RECOMMENDATIONS

Please make suggestions or recommendations unrelated to technical issues in the thread Like button (Suggestion FT add Like button) [live 9 August] (link) in The Suggestion Box forum.

(Moderator enabled Wikipost)
Print Wikipost

New "Like" Button information, Issues and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:04 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by chollie
Now I'm suddenly having problems with the 'like' button in the T&S forum. It appears to be working fine for other posters and it has been working for me in the past.

Still have the display problem in OMNI/PR that I referenced in earlier posts on this forum.
If you use a different device/browser without any plug-ins, do you still have the display and like issues? Do you have Infinite Scroll enabled?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel
If you disable it, likes should function properly. It has an issue for some people where when it auto-loads the next page, it renders likes inactive.
Any possibility of a correction for this? I am probably one of the few that loves the infinite scroll function, but I hate that it causes issues with the Like feature.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
I’m with you. I love the infinite scroll function, but I like the like button more. It’s a shame we have to choose.

I think the jquery script needs to load earlier.....
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:05 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
I have asked for an update. I think what happened is that last time we did a site update, it "undid" this fix.
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:08 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IBJoel
I have asked for an update. I think what happened is that last time we did a site update, it "undid" this fix.
Thank you, IBJoel!
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
@IB Joel thanks for commenting here. It's refreshing to see someone from your company engage. The word on the ground is that IB had largely detached from its individual products.

I know this slightly strays off the topic of "like buttons" PER SE but I would really welcome more engagement re other less aesthetic and more core functioning of this site.

There are some major elements that have been long neglected that seriously detract from the user experience. We all bring our expertise here and IB monetizes that... it would be great if IB took a more proactive approach to listening to the concerns of its users.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 7:04 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since this thread is about the "Like" button, August 2017 version, I will close this and invite discussion of the current "Like" button here: The "The 13 Oct 21 FT 'Like' Feature - [now restored to prior version]" thread

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Technical Support forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.