Search

Poor placing of forum unsubscribe link

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:33 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Hi guys, I've asked tech to re-fix!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:53 pm

And they did it right quick this time. Thanks. Tell 'em not to duck it up again (damn autocorrect)
IBobi likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:24 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
And they did it right quick this time. Thanks. Tell 'em not to duck it up again (damn autocorrect)
And adding my thanks for the quick "un-ducking" ^
IBobi likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Similar issue...

When one subscribes to a thread and there are new posts to that thread, that thread appears at the top of the "my flyertalk" page but the unsubscribe link is directly below the thread link and can lead to fat -fingering an accidental unsubscribe

Any chance the unsubscribe link can be moved over to the right as you did with the forum links?

edited to add: And the "reply" link as well as it's right next to the unsubscribe link

Last edited by goalie; Feb 27, 2018 at 10:54 am
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:37 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
The problem with these kind of fixes is that they will likely keep reverting every time there is a change to the site, because the locations of the links are all core VB.

Also, can you screen shot the issues for me? I don't see it. Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
The problem with these kind of fixes is that they will likely keep reverting every time there is a change to the site, because the locations of the links are all core VB.

Not unusual. So, you make a list of stuff that needs to be manually redone each time, and someone is responsible for doing it and someone is responsible for checking it. Or, you set up a script and automate it.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi

Here's what I'm referring to w/r/t the unsubscribe and reply links
Attached Images  
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:24 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by goalie
Here's what I'm referring to w/r/t the unsubscribe and reply links
For now, we have no solution to this. I will ask the developers to redesign this in some future release, but it would be a while if ever. Ideally you would use the mobile skin for mobile devices, though Subscribed Threads is not there. Again, maybe a future release. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.