Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Review issues and questions

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 3:12 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by davie355
I've written 2 reviews. Words or sentences that are properly spaced in my review often become mashed together in posts within a thread.
Those are good succinct reviews Davie. I do not see any display issues at all -- they look great!
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've written 2 reviews. Words or sentences that are properly spaced in my review often become mashed together in posts within a thread.
Originally Posted by IBobi
Those are good succinct reviews Davie. I do not see any display issues at all -- they look great!
I re-read them twice. I see what he means. It's not bad, but in some of the sentences words are put together or there's no spacing between a period or a comma & the next sentence or part of sentence.

Cheers.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:26 pm

Ah I see.

I will see if this is happening from our end and if so try to correct.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:02 pm

Can you please tell us:

1. What browser was used to write the reviews?
2. Was the text typed or copy/paste from another editor (MS Word or similar) or typed in directly?
3. If you edit the review and fix the spacing, does the problem get fixed or still occur?
4. Have you ever written any reviews that did not have this problem? If yes, were those written in a different manner?

Last edited by IBobi; Jun 1, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:45 pm

1. Safari on OS X. Latest versions.
2. Typed in directly
3. Problem still occurs
4. No - those were the only two reviews I've written.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:52 am

Well here's a problem w/ how the hotel reviews post/function on FT, at least when it comes to quoting them.

Here's the review.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26720770-post3468.html

I hit quote as I do w/ many posts (re: of review or not) & was going to comment on one part/cut the rest so just the part I wanted to comment on showed. Here's how the quote displayed, which obviously is not how posts when quoted w/o the review function display. Everything mushed together & a bunch of "&nbsp", which makes it much more difficult to read & also edit down for the part one wants to quote.

Originally Posted by twa777
Check In The entry and lobby areas have been undergoing refurbishment, so there was a lot of scafolding about, but the front desk staff was very prompt and friendly. They got me checked in, had a room already ready for me relatively early in the morning (~11:00am -- I had requested noon through the mobile app), and even walked me to the elevator.  Room However, I truly loved the room -- especially the bed, which was one of the most comfortable I've slept in at a hotel. It was almost too comfortable, as I wanted to climb into bed and not leave. The room looked recently renovated, and I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the look. It was a nice blend of modern colors and traditional styles, unlike (IMHO) many of Marriott's other attempts at modern design. The bathroom was great too, with plenty of room. As a Platinum, I was given an upgrade to a river view room with a nice view of the Thames and Parliament, and a very up-close view of the London Eye. In fact, the Eye was so close that the pods were going right by my room. Despite the great view, I kept my blinds closed much of the time so I didn't feel like people were looking in my window.  Location In the past, I've avoided this hotel because I've walked by a number of times and the area is always swarming with tourists. However, for someone looking to do tourist-things it London, it's really hard to beat the location. Westminster, Parliament, the London Eye and the Southbank Center are all at your doorstep, and the West End and Soho are a reasonable walk across the Thames on a pedestrian bridge to Embankment. In retrospect, I now wish I had stayed here before on other trips.  Overall While this was my first stay at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall, I think it will now be my first choice when visiting London on my own. When staying with family, I might be more inclined to stay at the Grosvenor House so I could make use of their outstanding lounge. However, when I'm there solo and I want to spend most of my time out and about in the city, it's going to be hard to beat the convenient access to so many things. 

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:57 am
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well here's a problem w/ how the hotel reviews post/function on FT, at least when it comes to quoting them.

Here's the review.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26720770-post3468.html

I hit quote as I do w/ many posts (re: of review or not) & was going to comment on one part/cut the rest so just the part I wanted to comment on showed. Here's how the quote displayed, which obviously is not how posts when quoted w/o the review function display. Everything mushed together & a bunch of "&nbsp", which makes it much more difficult to read & also edit down for the part one wants to quote.
Yes we are aware of the fact that quoting a review post removes formatting.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by IBobi
Yes we are aware of the fact that quoting a review post removes formatting.
And will it be fixed?

Cheers.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:09 pm

Here is another review I just wrote. It looks fine on this page:

http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...gfield-il-1397

But the spacing issues appear in the forum thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...gfield-il.html
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:12 pm

Here is another review I just wrote. It looks fine on this page:

http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...gfield-il-1397

But the spacing issues appear in the forum thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...gfield-il.html
We have been able to reproduce the weird spacing issue and our QA guys are on it!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
And will it be fixed?

Cheers.
It won't be in the next release.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:08 pm

Closing thread in favor of new thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...l#post26806046

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.