Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Glad i stay in logged in!

Ibobi, going back a bit i don't know what you did but no more game of war for me. Thanks as ever!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:55 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Glad i stay in logged in!

Ibobi, going back a bit i don't know what you did but no more game of war for me. Thanks as ever!
Killed it, I hope

(I'm a Clash of Clans guy myself...)
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I get that popup on every single page click on the Marriott Board, even when logged in. Every. Single. Page. Click.

Originally Posted by Cardboard55
I get this one at least once a day, if not more.

Currently seeing it on OS X 10.11.1, Safari 9.0.1, from California, USA.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by jerry305
I had to post this using the mobile site. I can't load any flyertalk page this morning. The content of the page loads fine, then the disruption causes the dialog box to appear.

American Express (canada) ads, on all 12 pages that I tried to load.

https://s0.2mdn.net/viewad/3764506/7...25000_250A.gif

https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/ad/N7...rd=2031296784?
The site is working okay for me in Firefox, though not in Safari.
Flyertalk is the only site that gives these errors for me in Safari.
The American Express Canada ads continue to appear (on both browsers), and seem to be the cause of the problem.

Thanks for your help trying to rectify this.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Fitch7600
I get that popup on every single page click on the Marriott Board, even when logged in. Every. Single. Page. Click.
Does your browser have cookies turned off? The only way the ad knows if you have seen it already (and to stop displaying) is if you have cookies.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Exclamation Report Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT - PLEASE POST SCREEN SHOTS

When I visited the FT homepage just now, my browser displayed a dozen Flash-related Internet security popups. They cascaded across the screen. The ad URL they mentioned was "redir.adap.tv" -- the browser crashed a few moments later.

I'm running Flash 20.0.0.267 in Safari 9.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.11.2, visiting from the United States.

[Edit: it appears the follow-up message I posted containing a screenshot has been deleted for some reason. Attaching it here.]
Attached Images  

Last edited by RandomBaritone; Jan 3, 2016 at 12:34 pm Reason: Added screenshot
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Whenever I go to the Chase Forum for the first time in a FT session, this appears (grayed out screen with a tiny window and an X near the FT logo). Doesn't appear anywhere else and been occurring for about the past week. MacBook OS X 10.11.2, Safari 9.0.2, USA.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thank you all for reporting these.

IB will be back at work Monday after the long New Year weekend to look these over.

In the meantime, all posts relating to i-devices (and seemingly some Android driven ones?) and problems with browser hijacking to mobfree.click have been consolidated to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...s-android.html.

JDiver
Moderator, Technical Support and Feedback forum
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Tanic
Whenever I go to the Chase Forum for the first time in a FT session, this appears (grayed out screen with a tiny window and an X near the FT logo). Doesn't appear anywhere else and been occurring for about the past week. MacBook OS X 10.11.2, Safari 9.0.2, USA.
I don't see this problem. Using laptop w/Windows 10.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tanic
I get same thing. MacBook OSX 10.9.5 Safari 9.0.2.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:34 pm

Further to my message from New Year's Day, the same rogue Flash ad is still causing dozens of security popups to appear in my browser each time a new page is loaded. This is very serious: it appears the ad is attempting to do something nefarious, as shown in the screenshot above.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Fitch7600
I am seeing the IHG full page gray out ads in the Marriott forum too. It has been for the last two weeks, but only occurs during the first Marriott forum page per session. OS X 10.11.2 Safari 9.0.2 USA.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Further to my message from New Year's Day, the same rogue Flash ad is still causing dozens of security popups to appear in my browser each time a new page is loaded. This is very serious: it appears the ad is attempting to do something nefarious, as shown in the screenshot above.
I have not seen any other reports of this, which seems to indicate that you have a browser issue. Try running your AV software, and perhaps uninstall/reinstall your browser after clearing your cache and cookies.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by IBobi
I have not seen any other reports of this, which seems to indicate that you have a browser issue. Try running your AV software, and perhaps uninstall/reinstall your browser after clearing your cache and cookies.
It's a Flash issue -- perhaps in combination with Safari. But I've seen it on two separate Macs at this point, so it's vanishingly unlikely to be something related to my specific installation. Please be sure to look at the screenshot I provided.

For the time being I'm not visiting the site on my laptop, so this is the last you'll hear of it from me. Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Redirect to a diploma ad. Happened in the American forum yesterday, Hilton today.

OS X 10.7.5, Safari 5.1.7, USA
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.