Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search problem in MilesBuzz

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2003, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Search problem in MilesBuzz

So I was looking for a thread from a couple months ago on internet checking accounts. I initiated the thread, and there was discussion of Netbank, Bankdirect, and others. And I couldn't find it. It wouldn't come up by searching Netbank, Bankdirect, internet checking, internet banking, etc.

And then I did a search for my user name and all dates. And there was a total gap from the end of March through mid-July. This thread was from early July.

I went back manually and found the thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/008956.html

So it's still there -- but search wouldn't find it. Weird.

Thanks,
Gary
Old Sep 12, 2003, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I had occassion to do a search by both user name and thread title key word in OMNI just now for past 5 days and got zero results.

I posted based on that incorrect search result and was proven wrong. No big deal but here is the link with details and it may assist the techies to see if the problem is widespread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/003741.html
Old Sep 12, 2003, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Just to add I searched for user MRSTARALLIANCE over 5 days (in caps) using both check boxes offered:

* Search For Exact Name (case sensitive)

* Partial Name Match Acceptable

Despite him having a thread there on 9/11

I also searched for the title key word "remember" and got nothing for that thread using:

* Match all search terms above

Just now I tried for "Remember" (capital R)and that matched. I did not realise that was case sensitive only?

-------------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 09-12-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.