Wiki Posts
Search

Viruses from Flyertalk

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2003, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Viruses from Flyertalk

I know there have been a heap of virsuses around recently. Today I received two with a return spoof of [email protected] and one spoofed form a moderator. Don't know what can be done but wantd everyone to be advised.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
getting alot of spam with *.pif attachments too. beware.

I get spam everday from a Randy Peterson (notice spelling). Can't help but be reminded of the other Randy on a daily basis.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 8:44 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
DLSIZE,

I'm getting two or three an hour into my moderator email account. All kinds of Flyertalk users email addresses are being spoofed.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to close the email account shortly, as its become useless.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As an ISP I received and blocked over 9000 virus infected emails today. The ones that made it to my personal email were not from Flyertalkers as far as I can see. If you check the Originating IP of the emails you might find out which flyertalkers PC is infected.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Moderator2:
DLSIZE,

I'm getting two or three an hour into my moderator email account. All kinds of Flyertalk users email addresses are being spoofed.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to close the email account shortly, as its become useless.
</font>
me too. I don't have an alternate yet so for the timebeing FT'ers will not be able to email me. I have about 1000 spoofed, virus emails over the past 5 days....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.