Reload this Page >

Report FT SLOWNESS on this thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report FT SLOWNESS on this thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:43 am

We had a data corruption issue yesterday. The issue is being worked on.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Question Also in the last few days:

Not sure which thread to post this in, but since IB-Dick is watching this one, and reporting an issue: Two things just happened to my account in the last couple of days. I have been in the "invisible" mode, whatever it's called, when I'm signed in for months. Now I'm here (no red button anymore). Second, when going into My FlyerTalk to correct this (and I can't find where to do it now) I noticed that I've elected to see threads going back just a year. I did correct this to "All...," but I'd been auto-switched maybe also in the last few days.

So my (too) obvious reason for bringing this up is to ask how we can switch to the invisible mode again. Or is the only option not to sign in?

Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:40 am
uk1
Suspended

Slow "Submit Reply" and edit

I'm just checking!

I've been finding for a week or so that if posting a message or reply that after hitting "submit reply" it's taking forever for my reply to post. If I try to edit a response it seems to take forever to "submit reply".

I thought it might be some local IE settings or other security settigns but I cannot see anything that might cause it.

Is my problem attributable to the general slowing of FT or is it just me please?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
This should be part of the "side effects" from the sudden "improvements" since late April 8th. FT has been running into slow mode intermittently in the last couple days, even though IB was projecting "a couple of hours."

The main thread to report all the problems: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...-9-2009-a.html

However, if slow FT has been consistent on your side, you may want to chime in here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...ally-slow.html
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
Not sure which thread to post this in, but since IB-Dick is watching this one, and reporting an issue: Two things just happened to my account in the last couple of days. I have been in the "invisible" mode, whatever it's called, when I'm signed in for months. Now I'm here (no red button anymore). Second, when going into My FlyerTalk to correct this (and I can't find where to do it now) I noticed that I've elected to see threads going back just a year. I did correct this to "All...," but I'd been auto-switched maybe also in the last few days.

So my (too) obvious reason for bringing this up is to ask how we can switch to the invisible mode again. Or is the only option not to sign in?

Thanks.
MyFlyerTalk >> Edit Options >> Use Invisible Mode

First option there. Just click the checkbox.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by Stormybot

In my view the only option under Privacy is Allow V Card Download.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Red face

I'm sorry, Stormybot, but I'm not finding it. Gave it several tries, and tried looking in other nooks, too. Thank you.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:20 am

May not be available to everyone. I will have to check and see if it is supposed to be.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!

May not be available to everyone. I will have to check and see if it is supposed to be.
It was available to everyone before 4/8/09 evening and the eventually data corruption the next day.

You obviously haven't read this following thread that folks have been chiming in on this problem. Please give us some updates over there as well.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...invisible.html
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by lin821
It was available to everyone before 4/8/09 evening and the eventually data corruption the next day.

You obviously haven't read this following thread that folks have been chiming in on this problem. Please give us some updates over there as well.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...invisible.html
Actually, looking at the backup from prior to the data corruption, it was not. And according to the thread that you pointed out, it looks like someone has already had a discussion about this with Randy. I will leave this up to the mods and business group and will leave the function off for now.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:41 pm

Unhappy Deserved apologies

I just want to say, sorry, Stormybot, as it's now clear that you did not know about the change, and it's not in your purview. We've all had occurrences like this in our organizations. But now, since they occurred at the same time, you guys in IT didn't know, but are caught up now, can you say if the other issues in this thread were related to the change, or coincidental? Or can you comment? Again, sorry for setting you up before, and don't answer this time if you can't.

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 15, 2009 at 1:40 pm Reason: grammar
Old May 18, 2009, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
getting database errors and suddenly very very slow at 1:14pst
Old May 18, 2009, 7:39 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
keep getting db errors the past 30 mins
Old May 18, 2009, 7:42 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
got one about 5 mins ago, seems ok since then
Old May 19, 2009, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
keep getting db errors the past 30 mins
We're working on the issue. Hopefully, everything will be worked out by the end of the day today. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.