Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Search By Date" confusing...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2001, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

"Search By Date" confusing...

Instead of having the values "since yesterday", "since 5 days ago", "since 10 days ago", etc. in the popup selection menu, wouldn't it be better to have an "up to 5 days ago", "up to 10 days ago", "up to 1 year ago", etc.

When people are doing searches, they're probably looking for the most recent information first.

Old Nov 5, 2001, 10:25 am
dan at WebFlyer

Yes, but that's how the search works already. It sounds like a semantics suggestion; use either "since..." or "up to...", but the actual feature remains the same (display posts from a point in time forward).

Or did I misunderstand your suggestion?

Old Nov 6, 2001, 11:09 am
Original Poster

my posting was meant to be a suggestion (I think the search options of "Since 5 days ago", etc. is somewhat confusing).

Does "Since 5 days ago" actually mean one is searching for posts that are no more than five days old?

Old Nov 6, 2001, 11:17 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
yes, it then searches only all posts back from 0-5 day since today, in the forum you selected .
Old Nov 7, 2001, 3:39 pm
dan at WebFlyer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DJMeatBall:
Does "Since 5 days ago" actually mean one is searching for posts that are no more than five days old?
</font>
Yes, that is correct...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.