Wiki Posts
Search

2 Computers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 1999, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
2 Computers

Is there a trick to synchronizing the light bulbs and shaded folders if you use two computers, in two places, to access this board? Or is it all cookie-based, and there is no way?
Old Aug 28, 1999, 5:29 pm
Original Member

I believe you've answered your own question. I know of several people who use more than one computer to read the board but the only way I've found to do it is to remember the time of my last login. At least you get lightbulbs for all posts since the last login on that computer, which must include a subset of all new posts for any computer.

In addition, webflyer seems to have fixed the server clock, so you have a chance of seeing everything if you can remember the (your) correct time.

[This message has been edited by james (edited 08-28-1999).]
Old Aug 28, 1999, 8:21 pm

I believe james is correct... the only way is to remember your last log-in time.
Old Aug 28, 1999, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
James & Shadow: Thanks... that's about what I figured.
Old Aug 31, 1999, 9:37 pm
Michael at WebFlyer

Yes, unfortunately pretty much the only way is to remember your times, etc. Except for very specialized programming, almost everything on the web concerning persistance from one session to the next, is determined by cookies and cookies are unique to each system.

------------------
ThanX...
Michael at WebFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.