Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, AA Platinum, Air France Platinum for Life,
Evangelists Etc.

Hi, I have been around the forums and noticed plenty of FT evangelsists. I was wondering if there were any other titles and how they could be achieved.

Thanks,

-P
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
For the Evangelist title, you may read this lengthy discussion thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ist-title.html

For other non-post-count-related titles, the "View Forum Leaders" link (at the bottom of Forum homepage) shall give you some ideas. Unfortunately, unlike airline/hotel elite status, none of the listed group leaders on FT can be "earned." They are either "appointed" or elected (per TalkBoard). The majority of FTers are happily title-free and just enjoy FT.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Parzival
I was wondering if there were any other titles and how they could be achieved.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ng-legend.html
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, AA Platinum, Air France Platinum for Life,
Flyertalk Status

Why doesn't flyertalk make status levels for its frequent users?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:46 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Actually, we do somewhat. If you've achieved 10,000 posts, you'll have "FlyerTalk Evangelist" under your username, if you've reached 40,000 posts, you'll have "A FlyerTalk Posting Legend" under your username.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

There have been other proposals as well pertaining to increasing/decreasing the number of options- but nothing has stuck yet.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
FT has an elected "TalkBoard" who ultimately decide these issues. You can visit that forum, and have input on the issues on the table for discussion or even make new suggestions.

TalkBoard Topics Forum

Your question was resolved here: Motion Failed: Recommend new post thresholds and titles. That thread contains a link to the discussion thread mooting possible titles realignments.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 1, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.