Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Problems Accessing FlyerTalk When Using A VPN" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lsquare
I just signed up to give this a try. It seems like all US servers are blocked by FT! IBJoel
You signed up just to confirm it is blocked by FT?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Oddly I am currently logged in via a ProtonVPN gateway in US-WA and it obviously works.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Oddly I am currently logged in via a ProtonVPN gateway in US-WA and it obviously works.
Which one? There are lots!
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Which one? There are lots!
Yup, I think it was #22 since I was still connected to it yesterday when I checked. But it's no longer working with that server. I tried a bunch of other WA-based ones, and they are all blocked. Too lazy to try them all.

Edit: oddly, #22 now works again with FT.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Mar 21, 2024 at 3:51 am
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Yup, I think it was #22 since I was still connected to it yesterday when I checked. But it's no longer working with that server. I tried a bunch of other WA-based ones, and they are all blocked. Too lazy to try them all.

Edit: oddly, #22 now works again with FT.
I really don't have the time to try every one of them to figure out which one works. I really wonder if each of those servers have its own unique IP address?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:30 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I really don't have the time to try every one of them to figure out which one works. I really wonder if each of those servers have its own unique IP address?
Don`t want to get too technical here but the filtering here is probably done at the ASN level (Autonomous System Number) which is a higher level protocol than IP addresses. Let's you block many addresses efficiently
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:45 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I was in 2 different Hiltons on two different Seychelles islands last week both the hotels internet was not getting access to FT, giving me the following error page. Other sites that I accessed were fine. This was with my laptop not using any VPN. I assume Hilton was employing some VPN that FT/Cloudflare did not like

using windscribe changed the error, but I was still unable to gain access. I was just looking to waste a bit of time and so did not investigate any further if using different windscribe servers would allow access.

Last edited by tangey; Apr 2, 2024 at 2:51 am
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
With Nord VPN from Mexico I get blocked some of the time but if I set Seattle as my location, I usually get through. Now don't block me please.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ijkh
With Nord VPN from Mexico I get blocked some of the time but if I set Seattle as my location, I usually get through. Now don't block me please.
The NordVPN Chicago gateway works on FT.
ijkh likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:29 pm

It might not be the best idea to announce mass-use servers that don't trigger Cloudflare's sensitivities (yet) on the public internet.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by moondog
It might not be the best idea to announce mass-use servers that don't trigger Cloudflare's sensitivities (yet) on the public internet.
Actually I have found that most of the NordVPN gateway cities in North America seem to work. At least those that I have tried.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 6:57 am

I suppose it was only a matter of time, but I've noticed a significant uptick in posts by bots during the past several months, e.g.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36166652-post93.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.