Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Problems Accessing FlyerTalk When Using A VPN" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2023, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But also appears some Norton VPN sites are not whitelisted.
I used to submit IP addresses I wanted FT to whitelist in this thread, but since no action was ever taken, I gave up unless they suddenly start blocking a server that they haven't blocked previously. Basically, I've pretty much come to accept the fact that being uber vigilant about DDOS attack defense is more important than catering to our individual needs.
lsquare and cheltzel like this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
I have asked our network team to explore options for unblocking ASNs. NordVPN, for instance, uses multiple colocation facilities such as DigitalOcean, Datacamp, etc. where we've seen attacks, crawls, etc.
originating from.

If they open up all of those ASNs (networks) for those cloud providers, FT won't stay up for long. Still, I've asked them to se if there's a way we can be a little more delicate and discerning in what gets blocked and what doesn't
I'll be honest, I didn't expect much to come from my post. But I was wrong. I'm now able to access FT over NordVPN. Well done, and thank you.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I have asked our network team to explore options for unblocking ASNs. NordVPN, for instance, uses multiple colocation facilities such as DigitalOcean, Datacamp, etc. where we've seen attacks, crawls, etc.
originating from.

If they open up all of those ASNs (networks) for those cloud providers, FT won't stay up for long. Still, I've asked them to se if there's a way we can be a little more delicate and discerning in what gets blocked and what doesn't
Originally Posted by bobert24
I'll be honest, I didn't expect much to come from my post. But I was wrong. I'm now able to access FT over NordVPN. Well done, and thank you.
ExpressVPN still doesn't work.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
ExpressVPN still doesn't work.
Nor is PrivadoVPN (well, most of the servers not)
Old Oct 6, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I'm in the middle of something right now but I will do NordVPN testing later and use several different countries.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
For me, NordVPN works sometimes and sometimes not. I frequently have to shift location.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 8:26 am

Feel free to PM me if you want good A severs. I will only mention Santa Clara here because it is no longer fast (i want to keep the best ones somewhat secret).

ETA: Santa Clara is fine for browsing FT.

Last edited by moondog; Oct 9, 2023 at 8:31 am
Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure how good Google's VPN is, but I'm testing the free VPN benefit that comes with owning a Pixel 7. The app is quite simple and doesn't have a lot of ways to configure the service. I toggle a few settings to conceal my precise IP address. FT seems to be working for now.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 8:14 am

DP: Today I was finally able to access the forums with my VPN connected. I am using ExpressVPN. Hopefully this will continue to work. We'll see.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cliff358
DP: Today I was finally able to access the forums with my VPN connected. I am using ExpressVPN. Hopefully this will continue to work. We'll see.
Which server?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 6:34 am

USA - Miami - 2
uanj and lsquare like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cliff358
USA - Miami - 2
IBJoel, it would be nice if a West Coast server isn't blocked.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
IBJoel, it would be nice if a West Coast server isn't blocked.
I don't use Exp anymore, but California IP addresses are definitely desirable from many of us because CA's anti-spam laws are kind of effective (though, less and less so, sadly).
GUWonder and lsquare like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
I don't use Exp anymore, but California IP addresses are definitely desirable from many of us because CA's anti-spam laws are kind of effective (though, less and less so, sadly).
I have tested all of Exp's west coast servers and FT is blocking all of them.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 2:24 am

Another NordVPN user here having significant issues accessing FT. I’m currently in the KSA, otherwise I wouldn’t be using this type of tool. I can generally access a few pages then get a block. Very frustrating indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.