Search

Posting a picture

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Posting a picture

Hi all:

I've been trying to post pictured to my posts and I'm having trouble.

This is the image I tried to post:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/47p9u2...9_09.01.27.png

Unfortunately, when I click on the "Insert Image" icon, and paste this URL, all I get is this:

Can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:40 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
You need to right click(PC) or Control click (Mac) the image on the page you linked and select "Copy Image URL", then go into the Insert Image icon on your post and paste the image URL. Then you'll get the image in the post.

That said, when I first posted, I had your image in my post, but I edited my post and removed it because it was HUGE. So please be aware of this and only post the full image if you absolutely need to (and if you only need one small section of it, crop it using an image editor).
Old Sep 9, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
You should check out this sticky thread over Travel Photography Forum to learn more about embedded pictures on FT:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...phy-forum.html
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by lo2e
You need to right click(PC) or Control click (Mac) the image on the page you linked and select "Copy Image URL", then go into the Insert Image icon on your post and paste the image URL. Then you'll get the image in the post.

That said, when I first posted, I had your image in my post, but I edited my post and removed it because it was HUGE. So please be aware of this and only post the full image if you absolutely need to (and if you only need one small section of it, crop it using an image editor).
I just tried your method and it worked perfectly. I did a practice post and previewed the post before I submitted, and I can definitely see where my screenshot it huge and will need to be resized or cropped.

Thank's!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.