FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Chat Poblems [master thread: Apr 2012 - Nov 2014 version] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1460696-chat-poblems-master-thread-apr-2012-nov-2014-version.html)

jackal May 8, 2013 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 20720118)
It's either on all pages or this one page. If there's a consensus to put it everywhere, we could do that.

I vote yes!

It might help if there were an option (in one of the board settings pages) to disable it altogether, but I see no reason why it can't be on every page. That's how it is on Facebook and MilePoint.

GW McLintock Feb 10, 2014 2:12 am

CHAT broke it seems, started having issues on Saturday. The default room doesn't show up and the user list is wacky...

(Also the page title -- for the page itself, i.e. <title>____</title> -- says "FlyerTalk Forums - FlyerTalk Awards 2012" but it has said that for I think well over a year now.)

-J.

IBobi Feb 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Reported to tech -- thank you!

IBobi Feb 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Fixed.

GW McLintock Feb 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 22324415)
Fixed.

Thank you :)

Any chance we could get our flags back too? Or do we get to stay on this all-expenses-paid vacation in Questionmarkistan?

-J.

GW McLintock Mar 5, 2014 9:43 pm

Guess what day it is?!?

Chat went (down) again :(

-J.

IBobi Mar 6, 2014 12:14 pm

OK I'll alert tech.

GW McLintock Mar 6, 2014 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 22474942)
OK I'll alert tech.

Seems they got the memo -- thank you! :)

-J.

GW McLintock Jul 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Not really a big problem, but there are "ghosts" in the chat (there are chat heads with no info available, until you click on them and then they show a username even though that person isn't actually there). Right now it says there are 8 people in the chat even though I'm the only one.

-J.

SkiAdcock Aug 3, 2014 10:10 pm

Does chat not work with kindle/Android?

On kindle fire hd. Click on chat from ft drop down menu. Get some message about logging in in right hand corner of page but page is white/blank so no where to log in.

Irony -I'm rarely up late enough to do chat anymore and the one tome I want to I can't

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

GW McLintock Aug 3, 2014 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 23305483)

On kindle fire hd. Click on chat from ft drop down menu. Get some message about logging in in right hand corner of page but page is white/blank so no where to log in.

Irony -I'm rarely up late enough to do chat anymore and the one tome I want to I can't

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

We saw you coming in and out a few times -- one person (for better or for worse) accesses chat from his ipad and gets disconnected somewhat regularly, but can still chat (again, for better or for worse).

-J.

IBobi Aug 5, 2014 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 23305483)

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

Be sure you log into FT, THEN go to the chat page -- then you should see the chat box in the lower RH corner.

GW McLintock Sep 4, 2014 9:06 pm

Time for the bi-annual chat problem :eek:

User list box is blank and The Lounge doesn't even show up.

UPDATE - seems to be working again! :)

-J.

SkiAdcock Sep 5, 2014 11:01 am

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 23314830)
Be sure you log into FT, THEN go to the chat page -- then you should see the chat box in the lower RH corner.

Ok, will try that next time although I thought I was already logged in.

Cheers.

davidhawk Oct 1, 2014 12:11 pm

I'm getting "Please activate the chat windows in the bottom right corner of the screen" but there is nothing to click or activate. Chat was working fine a week or two ago.

I had just cleared all my browsing history and cookies before the problem. Using a Chromebook.