Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to keep login session

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Unable to keep login session

Hi,

I have this weird problem that the system is unable to keep my logged in session. I can log in to the site without any problem. After I logged in, every single link I click will somehow require me to log in again.

eg.
After I logged in to the site, I click on the "Priviate Messages" link, I'm asked to log in again.

Can an admin look into this problem for me?

I have tried both Chrome and Firefox, and seeing the same problem. I deleted all cookies, web browsing history, web download history, clear all cache.

Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Would be any chance you use Facebook Connect to log in?

If so, these two earlier threads may help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...nnect-faq.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...k-connect.html
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lin821
Would be any chance you use Facebook Connect to log in?

If so, these two earlier threads may help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...nnect-faq.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...k-connect.html

Hi,

I initially signed up to use Facebook to connect to the forum.. After a while, I decided to use a username/password so I can receive email notifications. The admin did that for me. But now that I can log in w/ my username/password instead of facebook connect. I'm experiencing the problem i'm describing above.

Now even if i log in as facebook account, I'm still getting the same problem. I have to log in to every single page that requires a log in (my login session doesn't not persist)

I have looked at the two different threads you provided, and tried what were said in them, but still same problem.

eg. Even when i submit this reply, I have to go to login page and log in.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:41 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Try refreshing your cache & cookies on your browser. Also, are you using any ad-blocking software? Turn that off & try it again.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBobi
Try refreshing your cache & cookies on your browser. Also, are you using any ad-blocking software? Turn that off & try it again.
I have tried both Chrome and Firefox, and seeing the same problem. I deleted all cookies, web browsing history, web download history, clear all cache, and disabled ....... plus

If it's too much trouble, can an admin just delete the account? I just want to be able to use the log in name since it's same as my email address.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:30 pm

It's possible your issues arise from your account being linked to your Facebook.

I have unlinked your account from Facebook; please try hard-refreshing your browser to get rid of any latent cookies, and try again. If that's doesn't work we'll see what else can be done.

If unlinking FB does not work, it will not be an issue with your account, so deleting/changing it will not do anything for you. It still sounds like a browser issue to me...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by IBobi
It's possible your issues arise from your account being linked to your Facebook.

I have unlinked your account from Facebook; please try hard-refreshing your browser to get rid of any latent cookies, and try again. If that's doesn't work we'll see what else can be done.

If unlinking FB does not work, it will not be an issue with your account, so deleting/changing it will not do anything for you. It still sounds like a browser issue to me...
That did it!!! Now i'm able to browse the site without logging on on every single page. Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by tsukidayo
That did it!!! Now i'm able to browse the site without logging on on every single page. Thanks for the help!
Awesomesauce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.